DAY 1: Mollepata – Challacancha – Humantay Lake – Soraypampa
We pick you up from your hotel Between 4:30 a.m to 5:00am to drive for about 2 and half hours to Mollepata where we stop to have breakfast and after we will keep driving to challacancha where we start hiking and as Soon as we are at challacancha the cook and the horseman will pack all the camping equipment and cooking stuff and we start hiking the first 25 minutes will be a little bit uphill to get the Water Channel where we will have a nice place with panoramic views of beautiful snow-capped mountains (Humantay; 4120m/13500ft and Salkantay; 6271m/20575ft) – just the start! We will begin our Salkantay trek towards Soraypampa our first Salkantay Trek camping spot (3800 m/11750ft; the highest and coldest campsite of the trip) we will be very close to the second highest Salkantay snow capped -mountain of Cusco. Then after Lunch we will go to Humantay Lake and explore around and the we will walk down to our best campsite of soraypampa.
1ST DAY: Total distance: 15 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 7-8 hours
Maximum altitude point: 3,800 m (aprox.)
Campsite altitude: 3,800 m (aprox.)
DAY 2: Soraypampa – Salkantay Pass – Chaullay
After having our Salkantay Trek breakfast we start walking about 5:30 am, Because this day will be the longest day the first 4 hours is uphill to get the highest point of the Salkantay Trek (4650m/15200ft) located halfway between 2 huge mountains; Salkantay on the right and Tucarhuay on the left. From the pass, the views of the 2 snow-capped mountains are incredible. There is a possibility of snow here.
After a rest, we will continue our walk (downhill) through a dramatic cloud forest towards Huayracpunku, where we will have lunch. We hike again after lunch in the direction of the start of the jungle until we reach chaullay or Colcapampa (3000m/9800ft).
2ND DAY:Total distance: 19 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 8 – 9 hours
Maximum altitude point: 4,650 m (aprox.)
Campsite altitude: 2,750 m (aprox.)
DAY 3: Lucmabamba – Llactapata – Hidroelectrica – Aguas Calientes
After breakfast, at 6.30am, we start walking through the upper jungle crossing the Lluskamayo River and a variety of little brooks to reach La Playa walking between 5 to 6 hours. Today we will pass through valleys and have wonderful views of waterfalls, tropical fruits ,plants and as soon as we are at la playa we will have our lunch and then we take a local transportation from la playa to Hidroelectrica which takes 2 hours and then we will start walking from Hidroelectrica to Aguas Calientes fro 2 and half hours.
3RD DAY:Total distance: 16 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 7-8 hours
Maximum altitude point: 2,750 m (aprox.)
altitude: 1,900 m (aprox.)
DAY 4: Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Ollantaytambo or Hidroelectric power station– Cusco!!!
Salkantay trek important day ,We wake up early morning about 4 am to then to 4:30 to have the breakfast and leave to walk up to Machupicchu which takes one and half hours up to machupicchu but there is another option to catch the first bus which leaves 5:30 to Machupicchu (25-minutes long) in order to appreciate the magnificent city as the sun is rising.
A walking tour (approximately 2 hours) is given by your Guide and after this you can explore the mysterious city by yourselves. If you still have energy you can also climb Huaynapicchu (2720m/8890ft)!!! It takes 45 minutes to reach the top.and after enjoying machupicchu you have to go down to aguas calientes to take the train back to ollantaytambo and then bus back cusco.
and those who return by bus they will have to walk back from Machupicchu to Hidroelectrica to take the bus back(you must be between 2:30pm to 3:00pm)
4TH DAY:Total distance: 4 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 1- 2 hours
Maximum altitude point: 2,700 m (aprox.)
- Professional bilingual tour guide.
- Entrance fees to Machupicchu.
- Briefing time about the Salkantay Trek One day before.
- Collection from your hotel (we pick you up from where you are staying).
- Private transport to Challacancha ( trailhead).
- Return by Train or Bus Depends what you choose.
- Transport back from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Food: *3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 afternoon snacks (hot drinks, biscuits and popcorn) and 3 dinners.
- 2 or 3-people Camping Tent/ Shared Bathrrom Small Dome Capacity and Sleeping foam Sleeping Mat
- Camping equipment (2-3 Tent/domes capacity, cooking and eating dinning dome. Chairs and tables).
- Horseman , mules or porters (they just carry cooking stuff and camping equipment)
- 6 kilos of your personal belongins to be carried by the horses.( we will provide you duffel bags, ask us at our office)
- 1 night accommodation in Hostel at Aguas Calientes
- First Aid kit.
- Vegetarian/special diet options available.
NOT INCLUDED :
- Breakfast on the 1st day
- Lunch on the last day
- 10 soles entrance fee to salkantay and Humantay lakeE
- Entrance to hot spring 10 soles
- Opcional Transportation to Cocalmayo Hot springs US$10OPTIONAL THINGS:
- Huaynapicchu & Machupichu Mountain US$25
- Zip lining US$35
- Sleeping Bag US$20 it can be rented from us (entire trip)
- Walking Poles US$15 it can be rented from us (entire trip)
- day back pack US$15 it can be rented from us (entire trip)
What you need to Bring for the Salkantay trek:
- Original Passport
- Backpack to carry water, some snacks, a camera, sunscreen, valuable things, Jacket etc.
- Sleeping bag at least minus 5 cº. If you do NOT have one, you can rent from us for 10 dollars for the whole trek.
- Trekking Poles – We recommend for people with problems of knees, ankle, or you are used to using hiking poles. If you do NOT have one, you can rent a pair of trekking poles for 10 dollars from us.
- Wool hat or beanie
- Sun hat
- 3 – 4 t-shirt, if you have long sleeve better
- layers (sweater, fleece)
- 2 – 3 pair of long pants if you have leggings, you can do on leggings
- Hiking shoes
- 2 – 3 pairs of wool socks
- A jacket Rain gear (Pants, jacket, if you do not have you can buy rain poncho) it is crucial, especially for the wet season.
- A small towel.
- A small headlamp.
- Toothbrush and other personal toiletries.
- Toilet paper.
- Sun cream.
- Insect repellent.
- Sandals / Flip flops.
- If you have thermal clothing you can take them which not that important, you will use them at least for the first night which is at 4000 m
- Some snacks such as chocolate, cereal bars, candies, nuts, energy bars, etc.
- Extra Cash in Soles
Please, Note: that we provide you with a duffel bag so you can pack 7 kilos of luggage which will be transported by horses. You get the duffle bags night before of the trek, at the briefing day.
DOCUMENTS TO CARRY WITH YOU
- Original Passports
- If you confirm your reservation as a student. Do not forget to take your student ID in physical to the trip. It will be so important to be able to prove that you are a student, at the checkpoint of Machu Picchu
GROUP SERVICE: (Sleeping in Camping Tents or Camping Domes, Sleeping foam Mats Included)
- SALKANTAY TREK TO MACHUPICCHU 4/Days (Return by Tourist Expedition Train Between 8:20 pm to 9:50pm Includes the Bus Transfer from Ollantaytambo to Cusco) US$240
(7 Kilos HORSE/PORTER Service included /Duffel Bag provided by PTSD)
- SALKANTAY TREK TO MACHUPICCHU 4/Days (Return by Bus from Hidroelectrica Between 2:30pm to 3:00pm) US$190
(7 Kilos HORSE/PORTER Service included /Duffel Bag provided by PTSD)
Please, Note: (Available all year around)
OCTOBER 2019: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22, 23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
NOVEMBER 2019: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22, 23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
DECEMBER 2019: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22, 23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
JANUARY 2020: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22, 23,24,25,26,27,28,29,3
FEBRUARY 2020: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22, 23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
MARCH 2020: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22, 23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
APRIL 2020: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22, 23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
MAY 2020: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22, 23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
JUNE 2020: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22, 23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
JULY 2020: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22, 23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
AUGUST 2020: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22, 23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
SEPTEMBER 2020: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22, 23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
OCTOBER 2020: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22, 23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
NOVEMBER 2020: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22, 23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
DECEMBER 2020: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22, 23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
To book any tour/trek through with Peru Travel Sky Domes.
For Inca Trails Treks We do require a US$200 deposit per person.
For Alternative Treks(Salkantay Trek, Inca Jungle, Lares Trek, Choquequirao) We do require a US$100 deposit per person.
For Peru Package Tours/Treks We do require a US$400 deposit per person.
PayPal is the faster, safer way to send money, make an online payment, receive money or set up a merchant account. You can easily pay us by using your credit card or bank account. For those that wish to pay via Paypal. Please note that a 6% fee applies. That is, you need to increase your payment by 6% to cover the costs that we incur via this kind of payments.
the remaining, you will pay in cash(briefing day) without taxes.
Please, After your deposit, send Us, Transfer Number to: firstname.lastname@example.org, After we are going to confirm your deposit and reservation.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR CHOOSING PERU TRAVEL SKY DOMES!!!.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When is the best time to do?
It is a difficult question to answer as Peru has a variety of conditions. Best time is the dry season runs from May to November, and this is typically the time that we recommended. But the treks is open all year around.
Do I need to bring my passport for this tour?
For the Salkantay trek, you must take the original passport because you need to show it at the main gate of Machu Picchu also to board the train,
What type of transportation do you use?
All the vehicles that we use for this type of tour are the Sprinter Mercedes Benz modern minibusses that have all the documentation required by the national authorities, all the cars are maintained daily to keep them in good conditions and clean, and each vehicle has a logo of Machu Picchu Reservations.
- Will the altitude affect me? When traveling throughout the Andes in Peru, some people will suffer some effects of it. If you plan to hike the Salkantay trail, we recommend arriving 2 or 3 days before start the trek to acclimate and rest while you can do day tours in Cusco
- What can I do to prevent the altitude sickness? We recommend to be in Cusco at least two days and drink as much water as you can and drink coca tea you can order at any restaurant, hotel. You can also prepare it yourself with boiled water and dried coca leaves. At least one day before the tour we recommend eating light food, and if you have any medication prescribed from a doctor you can take it, and the best thing that you can do is to keep in mind that you will be fine.
How do I reserve a space for the Salkantay trek?
Just click on the BOOK NOW button and fill out all the required information and one of our sales advisors will contact you immediately and if you want to talk by WhatsApp with a specialist, you can contact to this number. +51984315337
Do you require a deposit?
Yes. We require a non-refundable deposit of 100 dollars per person for Salkantay trek. The money of the deposit we use to purchase the Machu Picchu entrance tickets and the train tickets if you are doing by train
What happens after I make my deposit?
Once we confirm the deposit, we are going to confirm your reservation through email sending you all the details about the tour.