Back on the trail, we encounter more of the traditional elements of this trek. This includes potato fields and unique fauna. We have the prospect of seeing chinchillas and vicunas. Vicunas are the only non-domesticated animal of the llama family in Peru. Many red mountains are also a highlight of this portion of the hike.
After a total hike of approximately 5 hours, we finally reach our destination, what we came to see….the Rainbow Mountains (5,020 m / 16,466 ft). After getting over the shock of their beauty, you will have time to explore the area. You will have time to take pictures and soak in the environment. We will spend approximately 30 minutes at the top.
At this point, it is time to go back down. We hike downhill the way we came. The hike will take 4 to 5 hours. Our private van will be waiting for us when we return.
We will embark on the 3 hour drive back to Cusco and drop you off at your Cusco hotel. Approximate arrival time is between 8 and 9 PM.
- Professional Bilingual English speaking tour guide (additional tour guide for groups of nine people or more).
- Pre-Departure Briefing at your hotel 1 or 2 days before your trek.
- Pick up from your hotel and transportation to Quesiuno.
- Return transportation from Quesiuno to your Cusco hotel.
- One continental breakfast, one deluxe box lunch.
- Emergency oxygen bottle and medical kit.
Services Not Included:
- Trekking poles – you can rent them from us.
- Travel /Health / Emergency insurance.
What to bring:
- Original passport (if you have acquired a new one after you made your booking, bring both).
- Rain jacket / poncho.
- Winter hat and gloves.
- Rain pants.
- Sun block, factor 35+ recommended.
- Sunglasses and sun hat.
- Camera with spare batteries – batteries run down faster at high altitudes.
- Trekking poles (recommended especially for the steep descents, can be rented from us).
- Our trek rankings are the following.
PRICE US$50 per person
We can leave any day of the week, as long as permits are available. Please remember, permits are only needed for your start date.
SHARED GROUP SERVICE: US$35 Price per person
PRIVATE SERVICE: Prices are based on Number of people departing that date/ We will leave with minimum of 02 PPL.
02 persons group / US$180 per person
03 persons group / US$140 per person
04 persons group / US$90 per person
05 persons group / US$80 per person
06-8 persons group / US$60 per person
WESTERN UNION Money Transfer Company (Fastest and safest method of sending money in Peru)(It takes Minutes and pick the money inmediately and we can confirm in minutes)
Receiver’s Name: SYNTHIA
Receiver’s Surname: LUQUE QUISPE
Receiver’s Address : San Juan de Dios 295 (Cusco)
Receiver’s Country: Peru
PERUVIAN BANKING TRANFER ACCOUNT We can also accept payments by bank transfer to our Peru bank account.(It takes at least 3 working days) You can directly transfer funds from your own banking account to our banking account. There is a 3% admin fee attached to this account that you need to add onto the amount you are sending. See details below.
Name of Bank: INTERBANK
Account Number: (US$ dollars) 420-308433804-0
Account Name: QUECHUAS PERU GROUP S.A.C
SWIFT CODE: SWIFT de Interbank, BINPPEPL
Emergency phone: Lima 311 9000 Provincias 0 801 00802
- USEFUL INFORMATION
- Locations Visited: Rainbow Mountain
- Trip Style: Trekking Tours
- Length: Full Day
- Frequency: Everyday
- Group: Group Service
- Difficulty: 4/5
ASK ABOUT THE TOURS