Day 1: Cusco – Lares – Quishuarani
Early morning ready to start our lares trek. Our guide will pick you up from your hotel and we drive through the Sacred Valley turning off at the town of Calca to head to Lares village – the drive takes around 3 hours.Once we arrive into the town we go up to the Hot Springs where we can relax and enjoy these beautiful outdoor hot springs. Lunch is provided here. Our bus awaits us during this time and we then continue our journey for around 20mins to the start of the trail known as PASCANA. From here we start our hike to Quishaurani. Here we meet up with our horseman and pack the horses. The trek will take us around 2.5hrs. When we arrive our campsite would have been set up for us. In the free time that we have we can meet some of the locals “campesinos” and see some weaving techniques. This is a lovely day filled with great landscapes and the opportunity to visit several Andean villages. (Lunch, Dinner).
DAY 01-Total distance: 14 km.
Estimated walking time: 6-7 hours.
Maximum altitude point: Cusco (3,350m) – Lares (3,100m) – Quishuarani (3,700m).
Day 2: Quishuarani – Cancha Cancha
This morning we depart early as this is going to be our longest day on the Lares Trek. We will hike approx. 7 hours today with a midday lunch break. We start our ascent to the highest point of the trek, Pachacutec Pass (4,450m). From the pass you will be rewarded with superb views of Pachacutec Lake and the snowy peaks of Pitusiray, Sawasiray and Chicon. The path then continues down hill for about 2.5hrs to the village of Cancha Cancha where we have our campsite waiting for us. Today you have a chance to see an abundance of wildlife, fauna and flora. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
DAY 02.-Total distance: 12km.
Estimated walking time: 7-8 hours.
Maximum altitude point: Quishuarani – Cancha Cancha (3,800m).
Day 3: Cancha Cancha – Huaran – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
After a delicious breakfast during the lares trek, we start our easy hike today. We will walk down hill for approx. 5 hours hiking to the village of Huaran. From there we take local transport to the town of Ollantaytambo – a beautiful well preserved Andean town. Depending on your train time, you will have some time to explore before boarding the train to Aguas Calientes. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
DAY 03.-Total distance: 12 km (5,94 miles)..
Estimated walking time: 6,7 hours.
Maximum altitude point: Cancha Cancha – Huaran (2,800m) – Ollantaytambo (2,700m) – Aguas Calientes.
Day 4: Machu Picchu! – Cusco
Early wake Up (by 05: 30 a.m.), Breakfast and after to leave our Luggage at the Hotel, and we can walk or take the early Tourist bus Up ( optional ) to Machu Picchu, of Course with a guide English speaking, Usually we use to get Machu Picchu by 6: 00 a.m., so from this time we will be able to visit Machu Picchu of course at this time Machu Picchu is pretty empty and we will have the best chance to enjoy the beauty and the magic of Machu Picchu, because at this time is quiet.A guided tour of about 2: 30 hours, and then you will have “happy hour time”, to explore by yourself the whole site for about 3 hours and there is time as well to climb Huayna Picchu mountain ( ask for Availability) and get the best view over Machu Picchu it takes 1: 40 minutes round trip time, or option to go to the temple of the moon which is located behind Huayna Picchu Mountain.
Then We suggest that after visiting Machu Picchu that you take the bus down to Aguas Calientes by 16:00 at the latest (assuming train departs at 6:20pm Train). Buses depart every 15 minutes. Check with the guide for actual times. Getting Cusco city by 9:00 p.m aprox, there we will provide transfer to Your Hostel, End of the services.
-Lunch can be taked at Aguas Calientes town before to take the tourist train back to Cusco.
DAY 04.-Total distance: 4 km (2,49 miles).
Estimated walking time: Visit Machu picchu.
Maximum altitude point: 2,700 m (8,829 ft).
Campsite altitude: Machu picchu citadel 2,400 m (7,872 ft).
* Departure and arrival times are approximated.
** Campsites are subject to change according to the designation of the governmental institution regulating the use of the Trail, as well as to our guide’s criteria and the group progress.
Included at The Lares Trek :
- Pre-departure lares trek briefing at Hotel or Office *Give us details of the place you are going to stay in cusco please.
- Professional English speaking lares trek tour guide.
- Collection from your hotel (we pick you up where you are staying from) from 6:30 to 7:00 am.
- Private Transportation Van to lares valley( trailhead).
- Tourist train round trip (cerrojo-backpacker ) from Ollantaytambo – aguas calientes – Ollantaytambo (2 hours
aprox.) and then bus back to Cusco(1 and half hours aprox. ).
- Entrance fee to Machu picchu.
- Lares Trek Food: *3 breakfasts,3 lunches, 3 afternoon snacks (hot drinks, biscuits and popcorn) and 3 dinners.
- 4 seasons HIGH QUALITY PROPER MOUNTAIN TENT (Best Mountain Hardwear & kayla Doite Tents )(We use only the finest quality aluminum tent poles) 4 man tent for 2-people so there will be plenty of space to set up your backpacks.
- Camping equipment (tent for the staff, cooking and eating tents. portables chairs and tables ).
- THERM-A-REST self-inflating air Sleeping mattresses ( a whole new way to sleep in comfort.
- Lares Trek Cook ,who is in charge of making the food,.
- Horsemen, mules or porters Weight allowance: Our horses will carry up to 16 pounds or 7 kilograms of your personal belongings.If you would like to hire a private horse, ( let us know at the time of booking)(they also carry cooking stuff and camping equipment ).
- 1 night accommodation in a hostel Aguas Calientes and if you want to upgrade let us.
- Wake up coca tea each morning in your tent for a gentle start.
- Free duffel bag for your personal stuff.
- Others: hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes.
- Boiled water to fill in your water bottle every morning and night, and at lunch time if requested with enough time ahead.
- Two-hours guided tour upon your arrival in Machu Picchu( to explore every important temple of the Santuary).
- Free “I survived ” T-shirt and certificate (only for PEOPLE who successfully complete the trek!!).
- Transfer train or bus station-hotel in Cusco.
- First Aid kit for Emergencies.
- Free Luggage storage. When you go on the trek it is best to leave any luggage that you are not going to need behind in Cusco.Nearly all the hotels in Cusco provide a secure luggage deposit. Put any valuables in their safe.
- Very rarely do hotels charge for this service especially if you are returning to the same hotel after the trek. If there are any problems with your hotel we can arrange to store your luggage at our BioandeanExpeditions office.
No included during the Lares Trek
- Entrance fees to Waynapicchu ( we can make the reservation you need to add 20 dollars to the original price).
- Last lunch in Machupicchu.
- Tips for the crew.
We can leave any day of the week, as long as permits are available. Please remember, permits are only needed for your start date.
2018 Price Group Price (March 2018 through January 2019):
Private Tours are based on Group Size for the Lares Trek:
Two trekkers: 600 USD$
Three trekkers: 550 USD$
Four trekkers: 530 USD$
Five – Six trekkers: 500 USD$
Seven – Ten trekkers: 480 USD$
Pay your tour deposit through Paypal
You Can use your Credit Card or Debit card to send your deposit
Our Three Way of Sending your Deposit to Peru Through Western Union, MoneyGram ,Bank Account Transfer or Visa Mastercard Payment.
This is the main way to do your payment from abroad and avoid high bank charges or taxes, is using WESTERN UNION, a global transfer service that has a large network of offices around the world.
Money Transfer by Western Union (using your credit cards) – There are additional fees associated with this method of payment.
The method of payment depends on which country that you are sending the money. From the USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, France, Netherlands & Norway you can make the money transfer online at : Wester Union Just visit the website and follow the instructions. Visa and Master Card can be used. The charge is less if you go directly to a local Western Union agent in your town and pay in cash. For countries other than those mentioned above you will have to go to the office of your local agent to pay the deposit. The Western Union website allows you to search for the agent nearest to where you live. There are over 245,000 agents throughout the world so you should have no problem finding one that is convenient to you at the end of the Transaction Western union or Money Gram will give you a control number that you need to let us know so we can be able to collect your deposit.
Note: If you want to use this method ask for the Details of the person you are going to send your deposit to.
Phone numbers: mobile 051 984 404049 or our land line 051 084 227118
*You can send the money to my boss bank account too here is the full details So if you send your deposit through this bank account.
Name of Bank: Banco de Crédito del Perú BCP
Account Number: (US$ dollars) 285-28511999-1-64
Account Name: Maribel Sanchez Huaman
SWIFT CODE: BCPLPEPL
Emergency phone VíaBCP: 0051-1-3119898
Bank Address: 189 Av. El Sol
- USEFUL INFORMATION
- Locations Visited: Lares trek to Machupicchu
- Trip Style: Trekking Tours
- Length: 4D/3N
- Frequency: Everyday
- Group: 2pax min, max 10 pax
- Difficulty: 4/5
ASK ABOUT THE TOURS