FIRST DAY: Cusco – Sacred Valley – Santa Maria – Huancacalle
We depart Cusco early in the morning and drive through the Sacred Valley of the Incas, enjoying incredible scenery and passing tranquil Andean farming villages on the way. After a brief rest in the town of Ollantaytambo, we continue on the road to the Malaga Pass (4310m.) and then down into the semi-tropical Vilcabamba valley. In the afternoon we arrive to the village of Huancacalle, the starting point of our amazing journey ahead. We camp for the night at a beautiful spot near Huancacalle.
SECOND DAY: Huancacalle – Nusta Hispana – Rosaspata – Inca Wasi
In the morning we visit the notable archaeological sites of Vitcos and Nusta Hispana (3050m.), built during the Incas’ flee from the Spanish conquistadors. From here we begin our climb toward the Azutina pass (3900m.), with exceptional views of the stony river valleys below. We continue down along an original and forgotten Inca trail to the small village of Pumachaca (3150m.), where trails linking Choquequirao, Espiritu Pampa, Vitcos, Nusta Hispana, and Machu Picchu converge. We camp for the night at the ruins of Inca Wasi.
THRID DAY: Inca Wasi – Mutuypata
Today we continue on the Inca stone path to the community of Racachaca (3650m.), situated in front of the Lazuna glacier (5470m.). Later we arrive to the picturesque area of Hatun Pampa. On this day we reach the highest point on the trek, the Yanacocha pass (4600m.). From this high mountain perch we have a spectacular view of the Vilcabamba range, including Salkantay peak (6264m.), Machu Picchu mountain (2430m), and Mojon peak (4500m). After, we descend into a humid forest area until we reach the glacial lagoon of Laccococha and then to Mutuypata (3000m), our camping place for the night.
FOURTH DAY: Mutuypata – Yanatile – Santa Teresa
We begin this day following the Sacsarayoc River through the vibrant Mutuypata valley. After a relaxing soak in the volcanic hot thermal springs, we continue down through the Yanatile valley where we can appreciate a more lush and sub-tropical vegetation. Our hike ends at the small village of Santa Teresa, where we camp for the night. B, L, D snacks.
FIFTH DAY: Santa Teresa – Hydroelectric Station – Aguas Calientes
On this day we have a short hike in the morning to the Urubamba River, where we cross a footbridge to the other side and to the hydroelectric dam. From here we take the train road by walking 2 and half hours to Aguas Calientes for a relaxing night in a comfortable hostel.
SIXTH DAY: Machu Picchu – Cusco
We take the early bus up to the stunning archeological complex of Machu Picchu for a tour of these mysterious remains. Then we have free time to explore on our own before taking the train back to Ollantaytambo and the bus back to cusco.
VILCABAMBA TREK INCLUDES:
- Pre-departure briefing at Hotel or Office *Give us details of the place you are going to stay in cusco please.
- Professional Quechua Spanish and English speaking vilcabamba trek tour guide
- Collection from your hotel (we pick you up where you are staying from) from 6:00 to 6:30 am
- Private Transportation Van to huancacalle (trail head)
- Entrance fee to the incan sites
- Food: *5 breakfasts,5 lunches, 5 afternoon snacks (hot drinks, biscuits and popcorn) and 5 dinners
(click here to see a sample of Amazon Garden Lodge food)
- 4 season HIGH QUALITY PROPER MOUNTAIN TENT (Best Mountain Hardwear & kayla Doite Tents) (We use only the finest quality aluminum tent poles) 4 man tent for 2-people so there will be plenty of space to set up your backpacks (click here to see details of Amazon Garden Lodge Equipment)
- Camping equipment (tent for the staff, cooking and eating tents. Chairs and tables )
- THERM-A-REST self-inflating air Sleeping mattresses ( a whole new way to sleep in comfort.) (click here to see details of Amazon Garden Lodge Equipment)
- Cook who is in charge of making the food,
- horsemen and horses
- Health Insurance for our porters, cooks,guides, field crew and Amazon Garden Lodge staff
- Wake up coca tea each morning in your tent for a gentle start
- Amazon Garden Lodge Free duffel bag for your personal stuff
- Oxygen balloon for any emergency
- Others: hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes
- Boiled water to fill in your water bottle every morning and night, and at lunch time if requested with enough time ahead
- Two-hours guided tour upon your arrival in Machu Picchu( to explore every important temple of the Santuary).
- Single Tents and vegetarian meals available upon request with no extra cost
- Free “I survived ” T-shirt and certificate (only for PEOPLE who successfully complete the trek!!)
- Transfer train or bus station-hotel in Cusco
- First Aid kit for Emergencies.
- Free Luggage storage. When you go on the trek it is best to leave any luggage that you are not going to need behind in Cusco.
Nearly all the hotels in Cusco provide a secure luggage deposit. Put any valuables in their safe. Very rarely do hotels charge for this service especially if you are returning to the same hotel after the trek. If there are any problems with your hotel we can arrange to store your luggage at our Amazon Garden Lodge office.
NOTE: Train included in all tours is the Cerrojo-backpacker (Aguas calientes to Ollantaytambo) Train times will only be confirmed once full amount of tour is paid. The earliest train you could take is the 14:00 and being the 9:00 pm the last train. Amazon Garden Lodge will organize the transport back to Cusco (by taxi or by bus).
Please Note: train times are subject to change depending on Peru rail click here to see timestable and availability.If organized in advance, the train can be upgraded to Vistadome (larger windows than the backpaker cerrojo train to ollantaytambo ) for an increased price.of US$ 60 let us know please.
SALKANTAY & INCA TRAIL DOESN’T INCLUDE:
- Breakfast on the first morning (ask at your hotel)
- Sleeping bag (goose down) -15ºC-extreme it can be hired from us US$30 for all trek mummy form and include a sleeping liner. They are cleaned after every use and have a maximum usage of 25 trips
- Last Lunch in aguas calientes town
- Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please):Amazon Garden Lodge highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING ON VILCABAMBA TREK:
- Original passport and copies (and Student card (ISIC) green card if you are student ). Note ( you have to bring your student card to machu picchu because you are going to be required to show at the Machupicchu control point
- Travel Insurance card is essential
- Sleeping bag (not included)
- hiking water proof boots (with ankle protectors )
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Sun hat and gloves
- T-shirts / shirts
- Comfortable hiking zip off trousers
- Rain pants
- Bathing suit (for hot springs in Santa Teresa and Aguas Calientes)
- Sun protection cream ( factor 35 recommended ) sun is strong
- Insect Repellent ( for mosquitos )15 % of deet at least
- Water bottle.
- Water purifying tablets (Micropur recommended)
- Toilet paper and wet wipes
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Torch with spare batteries (flashlight) we recommend headlights
- Extra contribution suggested in soles money for tipping horseman, cook and guide. and for any emergency.
OPTIONAL ITEMS TO BRING ON VILCABAMBA TREK:
- Short pants , Plaster and bandages
- Walking poles (with rubber tips) they can also be hired from us
NOTE walking poles are not allowed into machu picchu city.
Prices & Availability
WHY Amazon Garden Lodge We have Extra Things that other companies wont provide you.
- We have Our Medical Emergency Equipped Rescue Mountain Car(This car will be available for all our passenger) and this will ready for any Emergency you need.
- Local 100% Peruvian 13 years experienced Tour operator(Based in Cusco)
- We treat our team of porters the best with a HOUSE for them to sleep and proper equipment, wages and health insurance for everyone
- Best Tour guides(Fluent English)
- Master Cheffs The best in the Cusco region
- The food provided on our treks is the best( buffet and plenty of food)
- The best Camping Equipment (spacious tents 4 season aluminum poles tents, Eating & Cooking tents, Portable table & chairs, comfortable air Thermarest mattresses and more…)
- No hidden prices or Surprises/ We Never Pass you onto another operator as most travel agencies do here. We will depart even if you are a group of 02 persons.
We never share service with other companies as most travel travel agencies do here to Minimize cost.(that’s why porters are overloaded because they are forced to carry for 2 or 3 different companies)
- Small groups & personalized services we also Cater Large groups
- Sustainable and eco-friendly tour company
- Committed to social projects and improving living conditions for the children of Peru. Lots of facilities to book any expedition in Peru.