The Peruvian system of services and products sometimes differs to that in your home country. We strongly suggest you read the following carefully:
Trekking, Jungle and Biking tours: Salkantay bio domes operates in regions where standards of accommodation, transport and services might not be those you would normally expect. However we strive, with all due care and skill, to provide the best services for our tourists. Travelling in Peru requires flexibility, patience, broad-mindedness, good humor and understanding that changes may be made without notice due to circumstances beyond our control (Force Majeure – see below). By booking any of our tours you agree to Salkantay bio domes making necessary changes without liability.
Persons with medical conditions that may affect their ability to complete the trek must disclose this information prior to do the trip.
Due to the nature of the trek clients will be walking at different speeds and not be together as a concentrated group. The guide will not be able to watch everyone all of the time. Every person therefore, is responsible for his or her own personal safety and must have their own suitable travel insurance.
At all times the decision of the company’s biking ,trekking guide will be final on all matters likely to endanger the safety and wellbeing of the group. Should the client interfere with the wellbeing of the group then the guide may order the client to leave the group without recourse to any refund. Any liability is limited to the price paid for the trek. Staff of Professional licensed English speaking private tour guides.
Terms & Conditions
In order to secure your bookings please understands and agree to the following requirements to secure your trek departure:
1) Full Passport Details of ALL Travellers, Passport Full Names / Passport Number/ Nationality / Gender/ Age. These are required to purchase entrances to Machupicchu and Flight and Train tickets.
2) Deposits:To officially book any itinerary/program or trek, we ask for the following deposits depending on the type of tour booked :
2,3,4,5,6 Days Inca Trail Reservations and Manu Reserved Zone – A deposit of US$200 is required and if you want to hire an extra porter 50% of the total price for each porter (is non-refundable and not transferable to any other person OR to a different date due to the (inflexible) of the Inca Trail) and requires permits. See availability first, before you send us your trek deposit for the Inca trail specially. (non-refundable and not transferable)
- Alternative Treks/Reservations – US$200 deposit per person required (non-refundable) Not transferable to another person.
- Customized Itineraries and Package Peru Tours – 30% deposit required (non-refundable and not transferable).
- Car Service and Camping Equipment Rental – 30% deposit required (non-refundable) Not transferable to another person.
- Flight, Bus and Train Tickets Reservations – 100% deposit required (non-refundable and not transferable).
- Private Service – 50% deposit required (non-refundable and not transferable).
3) Students/Children? If you are a Student with a valid ISIC international student Card or a child 15yrs or under, then you are entitled to $20 discount off of your Entrance Fee!! At the time of making your Reservation if you are a Student we need to submit a Scanned copy of your card so please scan it in and email us a copy AND if you qualify for child discount then we need a scanned in copy of the front page of your passport please. We cannot claim discount for you without this!! Note that you need to carry your ISIC Card with you otherwise you will have to pay the full fare on entrance fees!
4) Final Balance? Your balance is payable 3 days prior to your departure date on the trail ( and it must be in cash dollars or soles ( According to the current rate in Peru). If you book within one week of departure date then full amount is due at time of reservation.
Peru Travel Sky Domes is Secure and Reliable
METHODS OF PAYMENT / Send Money By using Credit Cards
(1) Western Union Money Transfer Company(Fastest and safest method of sending money in Peru)OR You can send it through MoneyGram
Another way to do your payment from abroad and avoid high bank charges or taxes, is using WESTERN UNION, a global transfer service that has a large network of offices around the world.
Money Transfer by Western Union (using your credit cards) – There are additional fees associated with this method of payment. The method of payment depends on which country that you are sending the money. From the USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, France, Netherlands & Norway you can make the money transfer online at : http://www.westernunion.com/index_consumer.asp Just visit the website and follow the instructions. Visa and Master Card can be used. The charge is less if you go directly to a local Western Union agent in your town and pay in cash. For countries other than those mentioned above you will have to go to the office of your local agent to pay the deposit. The Western Union website allows you to search for the agent nearest to where you live. There are over 245,000 agents throughout the world so you should have no problem finding one that is convenient to you.
- Receiver’sAddress : Suecia Street (380-E).
- Receiver’sCity: CUZCO.
- Receiver’sCountry: Peru.
- Receiver’s ID:
Afterwards send us an e-mail with the following information:
Operation and transaction numbers: Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) / Number of 10 Number Very Important: ……………………………………………..
Date and hour of the Payment:………………………………………………….
Sent total amount:………………………………………………………………
You Can Make your Payment through Western Union with your Visa Card
Send Money transfer online from:
- New Zealand.
- United Kingdom.
- United States.(2) Transfer into PERUVIAN BANKING ACCOUNT We can also accept payments by bank transfer to our Peru bank account.
Transfer into PERUVIAN BANKING ACCOUNT We can only accept payments by bank transfer to our Peru bank account for amounts greater than US$500
You can directly transfer funds from your own banking account to our banking account. There is a 7% admin fee attached to this account that you need to add onto the amount you are sending. See details below.
Duration of Taken to Receive Transfer: 1 day to 3 days dependent on where you are sending from.
Name of Bank:
Account Number: (US$ dollars)
- Arrive in Cusco 3 OR 2 days before trek departure: Your arrival date in Cusco must be at least 2 days prior to trek departure since you have to pay the trek balance before 6pm, 2 days before you start the trek. Arriving 2 days prior to the trek also ensures that you are better acclimatized to the high altitude. However 3 days is recommended.
- Student discounts: If you are claiming a student discount you must send us a ‘JPEG’ scan of your ISIC card by email within 03 days of us accepting your booking. Only a valid ISIC card is acceptable. If you cannot provide us with a scan of your ISIC card within 3 days of us accepting your booking we will charge you the standard adult trek price. We cannot obtain the discount at a later date.There is no age limit for students.You MUST bring the ISIC card to the office when you pay the trek balance and take it with you on the Inca Trail as it will be checked several times by government officials. Unfortunately no other forms of student identity are acceptable (university cards, international youth cards, teachers cards etc). If you forget your ISIC card or lose it then there is a risk that you may not be allowed to start the Inca Trail. Many students have been turned away at the start of the trek this year for not having a valid ISIC card. (Note: it is a rule to follow according the bookings regulations on the Inca trail 2016)
- Child discounts: Children under 15 years old receive a US$20 discount. If you are claiming a child discount you must send us a scan of your child’s passport (page containing photo and date of birth) by email within 3 days of us accepting your booking. If you cannot provide us with a scan of your child’s passport within 3 days of us accepting your booking we will charge you the standard adult trek price for your child. (Note: it is a rule to follow according the bookings regulations on the Inca trail 2016)
- Children under 08 years old receive a US$45 discount, If you are claiming a children discount you must send us a scan of your children’s passport (page containing photo and date of birth) by email within 3 days of us accepting your booking. If you cannot provide us with a scan of your children’s passport within 3 days of us accepting your booking we will charge you the standard Child trek price for your children. (Note: it is a rule to follow according the bookings regulations on the Inca trail 2016)
- If you have a hotel reservation in Cusco please include the name of your hotel on the reservation form. This allows us to locate you if there are any problems with your arrival. You will also be asked to confirm your hotel in Cusco when you come to the office to pay the trek balance.
MODIFICATIONS TO YOUR BOOKING
Any modifications to the original booking must be confirmed in writing via email. Any costs or charges, which we incurr or which are incurred or levied by our service providers as a result of the modification, will be charged to the passenger. Whilst every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate changes and additional requests, availability cannot be guaranteed.
If you need to cancel your trek then please note our policy in this regard:
- Deposits are non-refundable should you cancel.
- If you fall ill whilst in Cusco and feel that you cannot trek, but still want to go to Machupicchu – we will turn your trek program into a 2D/1N Train Package, but note that we have to use the exact same dates in order to make use of your entrances into Machupicchu, train tickets, hotel, etc. If you need to change dates then we will require extra funds to make the relevant changes to your itinerary.
- you need to buy a train to get to Aguas Calientes once there we will provide your entrances into Machupicchu, train back to Ollamtaytambo , hotel, and one dinner, guiding tour in Machupicchu.
In case part of a booking is cancelled, the remaining passenger may have to pay additional charges (e.g.single room supplements or under occupancy).
- If you require documentation for insurance purposes Peru Travel Sky Domes Operator will be happy to assist you with this kind of paper.
CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGES MADE BY PERU TRAVEL SKY DOMES TOUR OPERATOR
While we will endeavor to operate all tours as quoted, it may prove necessary or advisable to vary or modify an itinerary or its contents, due to prevailing local conditions. We reserve the right at any time to cancel or change any of the facilities, services or prices (including flights, accommodation or other arrangements) and to substitute alternative arrangements of comparable monetary value without compensation and accepts no liability for loss of enjoyment as a result of these changes.
If a major change is known to us, our passengers will be told at the time of the booking
If a major change becomes necessary after booking we will inform our passengers as soon as is reasonably possible.
Peru Travel Sky Domes Operator reserves the right to increase the tour cost to take into account of the following items: government action, currency fluctuations, transportation costs (including the cost of fuel), food increases, airport charges and increase in scheduled air fares or any other increase that is beyond our control.
Peru Travel Sky Domes Operator will not be liable for any charges in the event of a change beyond their control to the departure time or date of a tour, flight or other form of transport.
PASSPORTS, VISAS AND VACCINATIONS
It is the responsibility of the Passenger to be in possession of a valid passport, visa permits, proof of inoculations and preventive medicines as may be required for the duration of the tour. Information about these matters or related items is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of ourselves.
AGE, FITNESS AND PARTICIPATION
All Passengers are expected to satisfy themselves prior to booking that they are fit and able to complete the itinerary of their choice. Persons over 60 years of age will be advised to obtain medical evidence of fitness to travel on the chosen itinerary. No unaccompanied minors (those under 18 years of age) can be accepted on tours operated by ourselves, however older teenagers may be considered provided they are accompanied by a parent or guardian who accepts full responsibility for them. We reserve the absolute right to decline a booking at our discretion. If, in the opinion of such person the health or conduct of a Passenger before or after departure appears likely to endanger the safe, comfortable or happy progress of a tour, the Passenger may be excluded from all or part of the tour. In case of ill health we will make such arrangements as it deems fit and recover the costs thereof from the Passenger.
ILLNESS OR DISABILITY
Anyone suffering from illness or disability or undergoing treatment for any physical or medical condition must declare the true nature of such condition at the time of booking and make arrangements for the provision of any medication and/or other treatment which may be required during the tour. Failure to make such disclosure will constitute a breach of these booking conditions and result in such persons being excluded from the tour in which case all monies paid will be forfeited.
We strongly recommend the use of a travel/medical insurance plan. We do not provide or include an accident or travel insurance policy in our cost. However, if a member of the group gets sick or is incapacitated, we take care of him or her by getting a qualified doctor or immediate medical attention. In these cases, the extra costs are assumed by the individual client, including hospitalization if necessary. In the case of accident and/or necessary emergency evacuation, all costs are assumed by the individual client.
Peru Travel Sky Domes Operator is not responsible for force majeure – this is war, threat of war, riots, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activities, natural or disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions, technical or maintenance problems with transport, changes imposed by cancellation or rescheduling of flights by an airline, the alteration of airline or aircraft type, or other similar events beyond the control of ourselves.
All participants in tours operated by Peru Travel Sky Domes Operator are expected to obey the laws and regulations of the countries visited and any failure to do so will relieve Peru Travel Sky Domes Operator of all obligations that they may otherwise have under these booking conditions.
If a Passenger has a complaint about any of the tour arrangements he/she must bring it to the attention of the Guide or a representative of Peru Travel Sky Domes Operator at the time so that they may endeavor to rectify the situation. We can only rectify problems if we are made aware of such problems. Failure to complain immediately will prejudice the Passengers right to claim compensation. Should the problem remain unsolved a complaint must be made in writing to ourselves within no more than 14 days of the completion of the holiday.
Peru Travel Sky Domes Operator reserves the right to modify or withdraw any travel arrangements when deemed necessary, in the best interest of the clients. We reserve the right to refuse, accept, or retain any person as a member of one of our trips.
Peru Travel Sky Domes Operator is not responsible for injury, sickness, damage, loss, additional expenses, accidental delay or other irregularities which may be caused either through willful or negligent acts or omissions on the part of companies or individuals providing or engaged in transportation, accommodation or other services related to the accomplishment of the tour, or through natural disasters or acts of nature.
NOTE ABOUT CAMPSITES ON THE INCA TRAIL
Please note that we are not in control of the campsites we are issued with from the Institute of National Culture. In general your campsite allocation is dependent on how early you book, or rather, how many permits are left. The first 250 spaces are generally given to Winay Wayna (3rd campsite) and thereafter you will have a longer walk to Machupicchu on the last day and it could mean you do not make it for sunrise. Do not let this disappoint you as Machupicchu is marvellous in itself!
- Campsites are subject to change according to our guide’s criteria and the group progress.
Acceptance of terms and conditions
By participating in your trek (#) the clients accepts the terms and conditions stated above. Clauses relating to cancellation of trek come into effect directly after the trek purchase.
Staying healthy during your trek.
- Peru Travel Sky Domes recommend you to be at least three or two days before you do any of our treks in order to acclimatize . Cusco is on 3,300 meter above sea level.
- Ensure that you are fit and healthy before commencing the trek. Allow at least 2 days in Cusco (or similar altitude) to acclimatize to the altitude. Although many people do the trek do not expect it to be easy. Anyone with respiratory problems should not undertake this trek.
- Walk at your own pace. Even though you are part of a group you will not all walk together in a bunch. People walk at different rates so keep to the speed that suits. The group gets back together at the ruins or any interesting place to enable the guide to explain them to everyone. Try not to over exert yourself. If your heart is pounding rapidly in your chest stop a little and have a rest and wait until it calms down a little.
- Drink plenty of fluids on the trail. We’ll provide you with teas, mates and coffees at meal times but you will have to drink a lot more fluid besides these drinks. Bring a water bottle of at least 1 liter capacity per person.
- Don’t get sunburned. The sun at high altitude is particularly strong. Walking in shorts and T-shirts is fine but put on plenty of high factor protection and always wear a hat.
- When the sun goes down the temperature drops rapidly and it is easy to get a chill. Put warm clothes on.
Return Train Tickets .- The return train is the Expedition train which departs either at 2.55, 4.20, 4.42,6:20 or 8.50 pm. The train that is booked depends on availabilty and is confirmed at your briefing. There is an option to upgrade your train from the Backpacker train service we included in the Price to luxury Vistadome train which is an extra US$ 80 per person. Please let us your preference at the time of booking. None of the trains go straight to Cusco, they only run either to Ollantaytambo or Poroy but in either case we will transfer you back by Private Transport to your hotel.
and if you stay an extra night in aguas calientes we will purchase the train tickets for the following day at the same time but please le tus know while you book this tour.
Food on our Treks.- (You will Never be hungry with us) Definitely one of the highlights of the tour is the food. It is always fresh and most of it is organic. There is always a lot to eat and lots of options including vegetables, meat, chicken, fish and other types of protein and carbohydrates. Everyone sits down to eat together and we go out of our way to accommodate all dietary requirements including vegetarian options and any food allergies. We do not provide any alcoholic drinks on the trek but if you would like you can bring your own
Our Camping Equipment.- We provide 4 men tents for only 2 people and inflatable (therm-a-rest) mattresses for everyone (Because we want you to sleep in Comfort). Our dining equipment includes a spacious dining tent, Portable tables and chairs, plates and utensils. We do NOT supply sleeping bags or walking sticks, but all can be rented from Peru Travel Sky Domes.
Please note that if you are over 1.95 meters / 6´4″ tall then you won´t be able to rent a sleeping bag in Cusco. In this case it is recommended to bring your own.
Our Guides, Cooks and Porters.- All of them are amazing, helpful, caring, and great people to be around with. Our guides speak good English and are patient and very informative. Our cooks provide amazing family style food for you and our porters and everyone is impressed with what they can whip up in the middle of the mountains. Your porters will carry everything for you which makes your trek as easy and comfortable as possible, thanks to them you will finish your trek and have a great time. Our porters are called ´Bio Chaskis´ on the Inca Trail. And we never overload them, as most travel agencies who share service and offer extra kilos to be carry by porters with no extra cost.
We make sure that all our team are well looked after and we provide all the equipment that they need so that they can do the trek in as much comfort as possible.
Fitness on the Treks.- The Inca Trail is certainly not easy but you do not need to be an athlete or a trekking expert to complete it. Fitness is naturally important but the Inca Trail is the kind of trek that anyone with a positive attitude and determination can do. Obviously the more fit you are the more you will enjoy the trail and the more chance you will have to take in the scenery and appreciate the Inca ruins dotted along the way. If you do not exercise regularly, it is advisable to do some extra walking or some kind of aerobic activity in the months leading up to your trip.
Many people worry whether they will be able to cope physically but complete failure is rare and would usually only result from severe altitude sickness or a person lacking even a basic level of fitness. People of all ages (from teenagers to pensioners) complete the trek and age itself is no barrier if you are positive minded and live an active lifestyle. Before departing for your tour, we recommend visiting your doctor who will be able to provide you with more information.
Storage during your Trek.- During the Inca Trail trek your main luggage will be stored in Cuzco and if you have an extra porting service you will receive a small duffle bag at your Inca Trail briefing (briefings are normally set for the evening before you start the trek) to pack clothes for 3-4 days. Your team of porters will carry these bags together with the food and equipment for the trail. Please note that you will not have access to these items until the end of each day as the porters will always be ahead of the group, you should therefore bring a day pack in which you can carry personal belongings such as your camera, water and sun screen etc. By Peruvian law the duffle bag carried by the porters must not weigh more than 12kg . You can either store your luggage at your hotel or you can leave it with us.
We only can confirm the reservation after recieving a Non-refundable US$200 for any Inca Trail or US$200 for any alternative Treks and 30 % for our Peru packages and others Services (Method of payments Western Union, Moneygram and bank Transfer) Please note that the program deposit is non-refundable. The deposit is used to purchase the ticket entrance to Machupicchu and also for booking the train ticket and hotels. And once a space is purchased it cannot be resold. And if you want an extra porter you have send us 50% as well.
The Final Balance must paid 3or 2 days before we Start the Trek/Tour(and it must be in cash in dollars or soles), otherwise we will cancel the tour unless you send us an email saying that you will have a delay.