DAY 1: Cusco – Mollepata – Challacancha – Humantay Lake – Soraypampa
We pick you up from your hotel Between 4:30 a.m to 500 am to drive for about 2 and half hours to Mollepata where we stop to have breakfast and after we will keep driving to challacancha where we start hiking and as Soon as we are at challacancha the cook and the horseman will pack all the camping equipment and cooking stuff and we start hiking the first 25 minutes will be a little bit uphill to get the Water Channel where we will have a nice place with panoramic views of beautiful snow-capped mountains (Humantay; 4120m/13500ft and Salkantay; 6271m/20575ft) – just the start! We will begin our Salkantay trek towards Soraypampa our first Salkantay Trek camping spot (3800 m/11750ft; the highest and coldest campsite of the trip) we will be very close to the second highest Salkantay snow capped -mountain of Cusco. Then after Lunch we will go to Humantay Lake and explore around and the we will walk down to our best campsite of soraypampa.
1ST DAY: Total distance: 15 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 7-8 hours
Maximum altitude point: 3,800 m (aprox.)
Campsite altitude: 3,800 m (aprox.)
DAY 2: Soraypampa – Salkantay Pass – Huaracmachay – Chaullay
After having our Salkantay Trek breakfast we start walking about 6:30 am ,because this day will be the longest day the first 4 hours is uphill to get the highest point of the Salkantay Trek (4650m/15200ft) located halfway between 2 huge mountains; Salkantay on the right and Tucarhuay on the left. From the pass, the views of the 2 snow-capped mountains are incredible. There is a possibility of snow here. After a rest, we will continue our walk (downhill) through a dramatic cloud forest towards Huayracpunku, where we will have lunch. We hike again after lunch in the direction of the start of the jungle until we reach our second Salkantay Trek camping spot of chaullay or Colcapampa (3000m/9800ft).
2ND DAY:Total distance: 19 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 8 – 9 hours
Maximum altitude point: 4,650 m (aprox.)
Campsite altitude: 2,750 m (aprox.)
DAY 3: Chaullay – La Playa Sahuayaco
After breakfast, at 6.30am, we start walking through the upper jungle crossing the Lluskamayo River and a variety of little brooks to reach La Playa walking about 6 hours. Today we will pass through valleys and have wonderful views of waterfalls, tropical fruits ,plants and as soon as we are at la playa we will have lunch and then we will rest and camp at la Playa.
(Optional: in the afternoon there is a chance to go to the hot spring of colcalmayo ist has an extra cost that you can see once you are there)
3RD DAY:Total distance: 16 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 6-7 hours
Maximum altitude point: 2,750 m (aprox.)
Campsite altitude: 1,600 m (aprox.)
DAY 4: Loreta – Lucmabamba – Llactapata – Hidroelectrica – Aguas Calientes
We will have breakfast at 8am and leave our camping spot of Lluscamayo. We walk up on a original Inca Trail to Llactapata site where you will get a chance to see Machupicchu far away (one of the most beautiful place to see Machupicchu) then We continue walking, passing a variety of crop plantations, coca, banana etc. until we reach the hydroelectric station. And after the lunch we keep walking about two and half hours along the train road till reaching Aguas Calientes town where we will spend the night in a hostel. In Aguas Calientes, you can take advantage of the thermal springs in the town (entrance 10 soles) a real treat after finishing the Salkantay Trek
4TH DAY:Total distance: 12 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 5 – 6 hours
Maximum altitude point: 1,600 m (aprox.)
Hostel(aguas calientes) altitude: 1,900 m (aprox.)
DAY 5: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes or Hidroelectric power station
Salkantay trek important day ,We wake up early morning about 4 am to then to 4:30 to have the breakfast and leave to walk up to Machupicchu which takes one and half hours up to machupicchu but there is another option to catch the first bus which leaves 5:30 to Machupicchu (25-minutes long) in order to appreciate the magnificent city as the sun is rising. A walking tour (approximately 2 hours) is given by your Guide and after this you can explore the mysterious city by yourselves. If you still have energy you can also climb Huaynapicchu (2720m/8890ft)!!! It takes 45 minutes to reach the top.and after enjoying machupicchu you have to go down to aguas calientes to take the train back to ollantaytambo and then bus back cusco.
and those who return by bus they will have to walk back from Machupicchu to Hidroelectrica to take the bus back(you must be between 2:30pm to 3:00pm)
5TH DAY:Total distance: 4 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 1- 2 hours
Maximum altitude point: 2,700 m (aprox.)
- Professional bilingual tour guide.
- Entrance fees to Machupicchu.
- Briefing time about the Salkantay Trek One day before.
- Collection from your hotel (we pick you up from where you are staying).
- Private transport to Challacancha ( trailhead).
- Return by Train or Bus Depends what you choose.
- Transport back from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Food: *3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 afternoon snacks (hot drinks, biscuits and popcorn) and 3 dinners.
- 2 or 3-people Camping Tent/ Shared Bathrrom Small Dome Capacity and Sleeping foam Sleeping Mat
- Camping equipment (2-3 Tent/domes capacity, cooking and eating dinning dome. Chairs and tables).
- Horseman , mules or porters (they just carry cooking stuff and camping equipment)
- 6 kilos of your personal belongins to be carried by the horses.( we will provide you duffel bags, ask us at our office)
- 1 night accommodation in Hostel at Aguas Calientes
- First Aid kit.
- Vegetarian/special diet options available.
NOT INCLUDED :
- Breakfast on the 1st day
- Lunch on the last day
- 10 soles entrance fee to salkantay and Humantay lakeE
- Entrance to hot spring 10 soles
- Opcional Transportation to Cocalmayo Hot springs US$10OPTIONAL THINGS:
- Huaynapicchu & Machupichu Mountain US$25
- Zip lining US$35
- Sleeping Bag US$20 it can be rented from us (entire trip)
- Walking Poles US$15 it can be rented from us (entire trip)
- day back pack US$15 it can be rented from us (entire trip)
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- Original passport and Student card.
- Insurance card is essential.
- Hiking waterproof boots (with ankle protectors ).
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho.
- Sleeping bag.
- Warm jack.
- Hat and gloves.
- Comfortable trousers.
- Rain pants.
- Sun hat, Bathing suit (for hot springs in santa teresa and Aguas Calientes).
- Sun protection cream ( factor 35 recommended ) sun is strong.
- Insect Repellent 40 % deet ( for mosquitos ).
- Water bottle.
- Water purification tablets (Micropur recommended).
- Toilet paper.
- Personal medication.
- Camera and films.
- Torch with spare batteries (flashlight).
- Extra contribution suggested money for tipping porters, cook and guide. and for any emergency (300 soles).
- Walking poles ( black diamond or leki brand).
- Optional items to take.
- Short pants.
- Walking poles (with rubber tips) they can also be hired from us.
- Plaster and bandage.
GROUP SERVICE: (Sleeping in Camping Tents or Camping Domes, Sleeping foam Mats Included)
- SALKANTAY TREK TO MACHUPICCHU 5/Days (Return by Tourist Expedition Train Between 8:20 pm to 9:50pm Includes the Bus Transfer from Ollantaytambo to Cusco) US$240
(7 Kilos HORSE/PORTER Service included /Duffel Bag provided by PTSD)
- SALKANTAY TREK TO MACHUPICCHU 5/Days (Return by Bus from Hidroelectrica Between 2:30pm to 3:00pm) US$190
(7 Kilos HORSE/PORTER Service included /Duffel Bag provided by PTSD)
Please, Note: (Available all year around)
OCTOBER 2019: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22, 23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
NOVEMBER 2019: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22, 23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
DECEMBER 2019: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22, 23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
JANUARY 2020: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22, 23,24,25,26,27,28,29,3
FEBRUARY 2020: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22, 23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
MARCH 2020: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22, 23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
APRIL 2020: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22, 23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
MAY 2020: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22, 23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
JUNE 2020: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22, 23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
JULY 2020: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22, 23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
AUGUST 2020: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22, 23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
SEPTEMBER 2020: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22, 23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
OCTOBER 2020: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22, 23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
NOVEMBER 2020: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22, 23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
DECEMBER 2020: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22, 23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
WESTERN UNION Money Transfer Company (Fastest and safest method of sending money in Peru)(It takes Minutes and pick the money inmediately and we can confirm in minutes)
Receiver’s Name: SYNTHIA
Receiver’s Surname: LUQUE QUISPE
Receiver’s Address : San Juan de Dios 295 (Cusco)
Receiver’s Country: Peru
PERUVIAN BANKING TRANFER ACCOUNT We can also accept payments by bank transfer to our Peru bank account.(It takes at least 3 working days) You can directly transfer funds from your own banking account to our banking account. There is a 3% admin fee attached to this account that you need to add onto the amount you are sending. See details below.
Name of Bank: INTERBANK
Account Number: (US$ dollars) 420-308433804-0
Account Name: QUECHUAS PERU GROUP S.A.C
SWIFT CODE: SWIFT de Interbank, BINPPEPL
Emergency phone: Lima 311 9000 Provincias 0 801 00802
- Locations Visited: Choquequirao,Machupicchu, Llactapata
- Trip Style: Trekking Tours.
- Length: 8D/7N.
- Frequency: Everyday.
- Group: 2 pax min, max 10 pax.
- Difficulty: 5/5.
ASK ABOUT THE TOURS