Day 01: Arrive Lima City Tour (Overnight Hotel Lima).
Day 02: Transfer to Lima Aiport and fligh to Puerto Maldonado (Overnight Puerto Maldonado Lodge)
Day 03: Jungle Exploration (Overnight Puerto Maldonado Lodge)
Day 04: Jungle Exploration (Overnight Puerto Maldonado Lodge)
Day 05: Transfer to Puerto Maldonado Airport Flight Puerto Maldonado Cusco City tour (Overnight Hotel Cusco)
Day 06: Sacred Valley Tour (Overnight Hotel Cusco)
Day 07: Start the Salkantay Trek Mollepata – Soraypampa (Camping).
Day 08: Salkantay Trek Soraypampa – Chaullay (Camping).
Day 09: Salkantay Trek Chaullay – La Playa (Camping).
Day 10: Llactpata – Aguas Calientes (Overnight Hotel Aguas Calientes)
Day 11: Arrive at Machu Picchu (Overnight Hotel Cusco).
Day 12: Transfer Hotel to Train Station and Travel from cusco to puno(full day) (Overnight Hotel Puno).
Day 13: Visit the beautiful island of Uros and Taquile on Lake Titicaca (Full Day) (Overnight Hotel Puno).
Day 14: Transfer Hotel to Airport (Juliaca) to take flight to Lima (End of the Service)
Day 1: LIma – City Tour (Overnight Lima)
Arrive in Lima and transfer to your hotel. If arriving during the day, your hotel will be in the neighborhood of Miraflores, with good shopping and restaurants, and you’ll have an included city tour in the afternoon.
Day 2: Lima Puerto Maldonado/Ecolodge/Monkey Island
Transfer to the Lima aiport to take flight to Puerto Maldonado When you arrive to Puerto Maldonado, our guides or staff will meet you at the airport and transfer you to the centre of the town where you can experience the exotic local market depending on the arrival time of the flights we may have the first lunch here or while travelling to the lodge or in the lodge. We take our private bus along the Madre de Dios River for approximately 1 hour to our Ecolodge. A cool welcome drink awaits you will be shown to your bungalows to settle in.
In the afternoon we will take a 30 minute boat journey to Monkey Island where you appreciate a great diversity of monkeys such the: spider, capuchin, tamarines y squirrel monkeys as well as racoons, capybaras and a rich variety of birds. We return to our Ecolodge for a traditional dinner. Night time activities are available each night.
Day 3: Ecolodge/ Sandoval Lake
After a great jungle breakfast, we take a 2 hours walk to the famous Sandoval Lake, passing through virgin forest, home to beautiful flora and fauna including Giant Otters, birds, alligators, turtles, and variety of fish. We will spend few hours in canoes on this lake, one of the most beautiful lakes in the region. Afterwards, we may take a short visit on the traditional farming areas to see the production of regular supplies.
Day 4: Ecolodge / Parrot’s Clay Lick /PueMaldonado / Cusco
Very early departure to witness the spectacle of the Parrot’s Clay Lick and sunrise on the rivers as we journey 1 and half hours to the Clay-Lick wall before hundreds of green parrots congregate at first light each morning. We will generally be able to spend about one hour here before re-boarding the boat to enjoy breakfast on our return to Puerto Maldonado. Check in 2 hours before your flight on to Cusco
Day 5: Cusco City Tour (Overnight Cusco)
Transfer to Puerto Maldondado airport and Morning flight over the Andes to Cuzco. After checking into your hotel, we’ll head to the Plaza de Armas, the center of old Cuzco, then climb up to the ruins of Sacsayhuaman above town for great afternoon views over the city. Depending on your arrival time, there may be time for shopping or more sightseeing in the afternoon.
Day 6: Sacred Valley Tour: (Overnight Cusco)
Travel through the Sacred Valley and visit the towns and Inca ruins of Pisaq and Ollantaytambo. Get a chance to learn a little about the local people, their way of life and their traditional weaving techniques and then after exploring Chincheros we will be back to cusco (Overnight Cusco)
Day 7: Cusco – Mollepata – Soraypampa
We pick you up from your hotel at 4:30 a.m. to drive for about 3 hours to Mollepata where we start our Salkantay trek . As soon as we are at mollepata while you have breakfast the cook and the horseman will pack all the camping equipment and cooking stuff and we start hiking the first 3 hours will be a little bit uphill to get Cruzpata where we will have lunch with panoramic views of beautiful snow-capped mountains (Humantay; 4120m/13500ft and Salkantay; 6271m/20575ft) – just the start! We will begin our Salkantay trek towards Soraypampa, our first Salkantay Trek camping spot (3800 m/11750ft; the highest and coldest campsite of the trip) we will be very close to the second highest Salkantay snow capped -mountain of Cusco.
1ST DAY:Total distance: 15 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 7-8 hours
Maximum altitude point: 3,800 m (aprox.)
Campsite altitude: 3,800 m (aprox.)
Day 8: Soraypampa – Salkantay Pass – Huyracmachay Chaullay
After having our Salkantay Trek breakfast we start walking about 5:30 am ,because this day will be the longest day the first 4 hours is uphill to get the highest point of the Salkantay Trek (4650m/15200ft) located halfway between 2 huge mountains; Salkantay on the right and Tucarhuay on the left. From the pass, the views of the 2 snow-capped mountains are incredible. There is a possibility of snow here.
After a rest, we will continue our walk (downhill) through a dramatic cloud forest towards Huayracpunku, where we will have lunch. We hike again after lunch in the direction of the start of the jungle until we reach our second Salkantay Trek camping spot of chaullay or Colcapampa (3000m/9800ft).
2ND DAY: Total distance: 19 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 8 – 9 hours
Maximum altitude point: 4,650 m (aprox.)
Campsite altitude: 2,750 m (aprox.)
Day 9: Chaullay Pampacahua – La Playa Lucmabamba (CLOUD FOREST)
After breakfast, at 6.30am, we start walking through the upper jungle crossing the Lluskamayo River and a variety of little brooks to reach La Playa walking about 6 hours. Today we will pass through valleys and have wonderful views of waterfalls, tropical fruits ,plants and as soon as we are at la playa place horses will go back to Mollepata on taking the same Salkantay Trek .so we camp at la Playa Sahuayaco
3RD DAY:Total distance: 16 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 6-7 hours
Maximum altitude point: 2,750 m (aprox.)
Campsite altitude: 1,600 m (aprox.) salkantay trek machupicchu
Day 10: La Playa – Llactapata – Hydroelectrica – Aguas Calientes
We will have breakfast at 8am and leave our camping spot of Lluscamayo. We walk up on a original Inca Trail to Llactapata site where you will get a chance to see Machupicchu far away (one of the most beautiful place to see Machupicchu) then We continue walking, passing a variety of crop plantations, coca, banana etc. until we reach the hydroelectric station. And after the lunch we keep walking about two and half hours along the train road till reaching Aguas Calientes town where we will spend the night in a hostel.
In Aguas Calientes, you can take advantage of the thermal springs in the town (entrance 10 soles) a real treat after finishing the Salkantay Trek
4TH DAY:Total distance: 12 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 5 – 6 hours
Maximum altitude point: 1,600 m (aprox.)
Hostel(aguas calientes) altitude: 1,900 m (aprox.)
Day 11: Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu -Cusco
Salkantay trek important day ,We wake up early morning about 4 am to then to 4:30 to have the breakfast and leave to walk up to Machupicchu which takes one and half hours up to machupicchu but there is another option to catch the first bus which leaves 5:30 to Machupicchu (25-minutes long) in order to appreciate the magnificent city as the sun is rising.
A walking tour (approximately 2 hours) is given by your Guide and after this you can explore the mysterious city by yourselves. If you still have energy you can also climb Huaynapicchu (2720m/8890ft)!!! It takes 45 minutes to reach the top.and after enjoying machupicchu you have to go down to aguas calientes to take the train back to ollantaytambo and then bus back cusco.
5TH DAY:Total distance: 4 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 1- 2 hours
Maximum altitude point: 2,700 m (aprox.)
Bus ride from Puno to Cusco (With stops) leaving cusco at 7:00 am arriving to puno at 5:00 pm) and exploring places which are shown below.
PUKARA: It is the most important and oldest ceremonial center of the Altiplano, preceding to tiahunaco, characterized by a series oh echelon platforms ceremonial center. It’s also possible to appreciate interesting litosculptures, trails or tomb stone of intriguing personage that seems to show evidence of a brave civilization. here is where it was discovered the origins of the Andean culture in the Altiplano.
ANDAHUAYLILLAS: It is named the “Sixtine Chapel of America” and in some sense the comparison examples of the Andean popular religious art. The church of Andahuayliaas is a jewerly of the mestizo baroque architecture that developed in Cusco. Its nave presents profuse decoration, especially in the celling decorated with carved panels which is a recover with pan de oro (type of gold decoration).
RAQCHI (Temple of Wiracocha God): To 121 Km of Cusco, it was an Inca church of monumental dimensions: 100 meters of length by 26 meters of wide and 14 meters of height; the temple is divided in two naves and each nave shows basics of 11 giant columns. The bases of the church are bulit perfectly carving stones continued with adobe. It is aprpreciated besides qolqas or granary places of military order, religious, Inka between others.
LA RAYA: Media point in the rout of Cusco – Puno. It is the highest part, it has 4335 meters above sea level, we can appreciate beautiful landscapes, llamas and vivuÃ±as, geographic union between two cultures quechua and aymara, we can see the Altiplano arid and dry union with the quechua zone with rivers and valleys.
Day 13 Puno Lake Titicaca full day
After the breakfast,we pick you up from you hotel and transfer to the port of Puno to take our private tourist motor boat and to direct towards the wonders floating islands of the Uros to us, those millenarian inhabitants who in spite of the time today remain living in artificial islands of totora, known as the tribe of the water, because they must construct its own Islands periodically, adding new layers of “Totora”. Its homes and boats are made of that same material. After view we will continue the route to the Island of Taquile, place where the form of typical and rustic experience was appraised, the place is colorful and landscaping, where they even maintain its customs, ritual, religious and folkloric traditions, in the town of Taquile we will taste of a typical lunch with fresh fish (Pejerrey), in hours of afternoon we will return to the city of Puno and then to the hotel
Early morning flight From Juliaca to Lima. International flights may depart any time after 12pm
Add on the Nazca Lines, the Amazon Rainforest, Colca Canyon, and other extension tours or treks. Let us know.
Amazon Garden Lodge INCLUDES:
- Lima – Puerto Maldonado Airfare
- Puerto Maldonado – Cusco Airfare
- Juliaca – Lima Airfare
Salkantay Trek 5/D 4/N
(Group size 02 to 06 ppl average; Max 08 person)
Salkantay Trek English Guide
- Cook in charge of all meal, Horses: To carry camping equipment, portable table and chairs, food, and kitchen/cooking equipment
- Horse: To carry duffel bags and passenger Self-inflating Therm-a-rest mattresses (07 kilos per passenger)
- Salkantay Permit along with Entrance to Machupicchu and Huaynapicchu mountain
- Camping Equipment 4 season tent(04ppl tent for 02ppl) & Self-inflating Therm-a-rest mattresses
- Private Bus to km Mollepata, Return Tourist backpacker Train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and Bus back to Cusco.
- Meals: Breakfast (04), Lunch (04), Dinner (04), Morning Snack (04), Afternoon Snack (04)
Puerto Maldonado: Ecolodge (Double Occupancy)
- Puerto Maldonado Jungle Tour 3 days all Included
- Airport Transfers
Hotel Nights ( breakfast included ) (Lodging)
- LIMA: 01 nights of hotel accommodation
- SALKANTAY: 03 nights Camping
- PUERTO MALDONADO: 03 Lodges
- AGUAS CALIENTES: 01 Night
- CUSCO: 03 nights of hotel accommodation
- PUNO: 02 nights of hotel accommodation
- Tour Bus from Cusco – Puno(Includes: Tourist Bus, Guide, Buffet Lunch, Entrance fees to the tourist places)
Lima Tour: City Tour
- Includes Tourist bus, English Guide & Entrance fees
Cusco Tours: / City Tour & Sacred Valley
- City Tour: Includes Tourist bus & English Guide (Tourist Attractions to see: Qoricancha, Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Pucapucara, Tambomachay)
- Sacred Valley of the Incas (Awanacancha, Pisaq, Ollantaytambo & Chincheros)
- Private Cuzco Airport Transfers
- Private Lima Airport Transfers
- All Transfers Hotel Terminal/Airport Transfers
- 1 Full Day Lake Titicaca Islands Tour(Includes: Motorized boat, Guide, Meals: Lunch (01) Entrance fee to the islands: Uros & Taquile)
Amazon Garden Lodge DOESNT INCLUDE:
- International Airfares.(Please Give us Details of you Flight Tickets to pick you up from the airport) Flight Number & Company Name.)
- All airport departure tax – Lima International Departure tax is approximately US$35 and Lima Domestic Departure tax is approximately US$8
- Additional nights during the trip due to flight cancellations
- The Cuzco Visitor’s Ticket (known as Boleto Turistico – Tourist Pass 130 soles) – which includes entrance to the ruins in and around Cuzco and the Sacred Valley, and many churches and museums in Cuzco.
- Meal Budget : Allow approx. US$10 US$15 for every meal not included.
- Sleeping bags US$5 per day & hiking poles US$ 4 per day (02 poles/black diamond or Leki) can be easily rented from us. Let us know.
- Tips for the guides, porters and other staff.
- Lunch and dinner whilst staying at hotels. City tours of Lima and Cusco.
- Alcoholic drinks, tickets for the hot springs at Aguas Calientes
- Travel Insurance and things of a personal nature – laundry and telephone calls, personal taxis, souvenirs etc.
- We will gladly arrange additional accommodation for you before or after your trip: In Lima/Cuzco/Machu Picchu.
- Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please):Amazon Garden Lodge highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance. Amazon Garden Lodge will assist in obtaining all necessary documents for you to be refunded by your insurance company.
Any unexpected situations occurred during the journey and which are beyond our control, including changes in scheduling trains or flights, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, etc.. shall be covered by the passenger as a whole. Also, if you for physical reasons of health cannot continue the trek or walk, and will need emergency evacuation then all charges incurred such as transportation, hotel, ambulance, doctors, medication, hospitalization, etc.. will be at passenger’s expense.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
Please Note: Walking and journey times are approximate and the package includes Classic Inca Trail see availability first.
Most people automatically assume that the weather is hot in South America, but because of the higher altitude in the Andes, the temperature can feel quite cold, especially at night. We recommend the use of a duffel bag or backpack, whichever is easiest for you to carry. A good size daypack is also essential.
List of things you must bring:
- Original Passport (and some copies)
- Travel insurance (and some copies)
- Airline tickets (and some copies)
- US$ cash and travellers cheques
- Credit or debit card (see personal spending money)
- Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required
- Camera and films
- Rechargeable batteries and adapters
- Reading/writing material
- Cover for backpacks
- Fleece top
- Windproof/waterproof jacket
- Small towel and swim wear
- Sun hat
- 2 pairs of shorts
- 2 pairs of long trousers *zipp off
- 1 pair hiking pants/track pants
- Hiking boots/ sturdy walking shoes
- Knee-length socks (to be used with rubber boots, if provided at the jungle lodge)
- Sport hiking sandals
- Sun block
- Toiletries (biodegradable)
- Watch or alarm clock
- Water bottle
- Purifying tablets or filter (Micropur recommeded)
- Flashlight (head light recommended)
- Money belt
- Sleeping silk liner (for sleeping bags)
- Wool hat, mitts or gloves (preferably waterproof)
- Rain poncho, plastic bags for your personal stuff to keep dry
- Sleeping bag (it can be hired form us )
- Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen)
- Thermal underwear
- Personal first-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Aspirin, Band Aids, anti-histamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhoea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may be taking)