The Sacred Valley of the Incas or Urubamba Valley is a valley in the Andes of Peru, close to the Inca capital of Cusco and below the ancient sacred city of Machu Picchu. The valley is generally understood to include everything between Písac and Ollantaytambo, parallel to the Urubamba River, or Vilcanota River or Wilcamayu, as this Sacred river is called when passing through the valley. It is fed by numerous rivers which descend through adjoining valleys and gorges, and contains numerous archaeological remains and villages. The valley was appreciated by the Incas due to its special geographical and climatic qualities. It was one of the empire’s main points for the extraction of natural wealth, and the best place for maize production in Peru.
The Incas called this the Sacred Valley because it was there that they developed a rich agricultural society, and built fortresses and different complexes, like Pisac and Ollantaytambo, each place with thousands of stories to tell. Adventures in the Sacred Valley.
From Ollantaytambo you can take the train to go to Aguas Calientes to spend the night there and visit Machu Picchu. We would be pleased to help you with any of these arrangements.
Day 1 Cusco – Sacred Valley – Cusco (from 9:00 am to 6:30pm) Full day
At 9:00 in the morning we pick up our passengers and go to the Sacred Valley to visit:
Pisac,(the incan site of Pisaq and the Market of pisaq) Coya, Lamay, Calca, Urubamba, Ollantaytambo and Chincheros.
We’ll be back in Cusco at approximately 6:30 in the evening.
- Professional (Bilingual Spanish and English Guide)
- Transportation(TOURIST BUS) Group Between 20 to 30 People
- Guided Tour (Awanacancha Llama farm, Pisaq Incan Site, Ollantaytambo Inca site and Chincheros Incan site)
- Entrance fee(Tourist pass known as Boleto Turistico) 70 soles to see the whole incan sites of the Sacred Valley of the Inkas
- Lunch in the sacred valley
Prices & Availability
SHARED GROUP SERVICE: Price is person / US$25
WHY Amazon Garden Lodge We have Extra Things that other companies wont provide you.
- We have Our Medical Emergency Equipped Rescue Mountain Car(This car will be available for all our passenger) and this will ready for any Emergency you need.
- Local 100% Peruvian 13 years experienced Tour operator(Based in Cusco)
- We treat our team of porters the best with a HOUSE for them to sleep and proper equipment, wages and health insurance for everyone
- Best Tour guides(Fluent English)
- Master Cheffs The best in the Cusco region
- The food provided on our treks is the best( buffet and plenty of food)
- The best Camping Equipment (spacious tents 4 season aluminum poles tents, Eating & Cooking tents, Portable table & chairs, comfortable air Thermarest mattresses and more…)
- No hidden prices or Surprises/ We Never Pass you onto another operator as most travel agencies do here. We will depart even if you are a group of 02 persons.
We never share service with other companies as most travel travel agencies do here to Minimize cost.(that’s why porters are overloaded because they are forced to carry for 2 or 3 different companies)
- Small groups & personalized services we also Cater Large groups
- Sustainable and eco-friendly tour company
- Committed to social projects and improving living conditions for the children of Peru. Lots of facilities to book any expedition in Peru.