FIRST DAY: CUSCO – PILCOPATA LODGE
We leave from Cusco in our comfortable bus, ascending to the folkloric town of Paucartambo. On the way we visit the Pre Incas funeral towers of Ninamarca. Then we drive through the impressive cloud forest full of plants and beautiful orchids, here we take our first hike and we have the chance to observe the Peru´s national bird-Cock of the Rocks (Rupicola Peruviana), monkeys and many different species of birds. With luck the only South American bear-the Spectacled Bear (Tremarctos Ornatus). In the evening we arrive to Pilcopata, we sleep in a typical lodge. Showers and toilets shared.
SECOND MANU NATIONAL PARK JUNGLE HOLIDAY DAY: PILCOPATA – AGUAS CALIENTES.
After breakfast we will continue by private bus to Atalaya. On the way we will stop to observe a coca plantation, we will also stop at a view point where you can get a good overview of the jungle and river. From Atalaya we leave by motorized boat to Aguas Calientes, where you can bath in the nature hot springs. In the afternoon we will walk in the jungle for several hours in order to appreciate the many different kind of animals, birds, plants and flowers. If we are lucky we will see monkeys. In the evening we will come back to the campsite for dinner and sleep in tents close to the Alto Madre de Dios River.
THIRD MANU NATIONAL PARK JUNGLE HOLIDAY DAY: AGUAS CALIENTES – SOGA DE ORO
We will leave early to visit the parrot clay lick and after breakfast we will continue by boat, stopping to visit the native community Shintuya on the way. Before lunch we will walk in the jungle for several hours and see different animals, birds such as tiger heron, eagle, flycatcher, kingfisher etc. and many different kinds of plants and flowers. We will then take the boat to Soga de Oro. In the afternoon we will visit Salvacion Lake where we will take a balsa raft and see the pre-historic Hoatzin bird, watch the beautiful sunset and after dark we will look for Caimans. In the evening we will build a bonfire, relax and have some drinks and a BBQ. We will spend the night at Soga de Oro sleeping on raised platforms in tents.
FOURTH MANU NATIONAL PARK JUNGLE HOLIDAY DAY: SOGA DE ORO – CUSCO
After Breakfast we will return to Atalaya by boat where our private bus will be waiting to take us back to Cusco. We return to Cusco via the cloud forest and Paucartambo. We will arrive back in Cusco in the late afternoon.
MANU JUNGLE HOLIDAY INCLUDES:
- Pre departure manu jungle trip breafing at the hotel/office
- Qualified naturalist native jungle English/Spanish-speaking guide
- cook who is charge of making the food /cooking equipment
- camping equipment/tents and mats (in case we camp in the jungle)
- Transportation by private bus from Cusco to the Cloud Forest and Atalaya , and back from Atalaya to Cusco (4 day tour)
- Transportation by private boat: Atalaya / Bonanza lodge / Atalaya (4-day tour)
- Overnights in lodges and camping huts
- Mineral water all the time
- 3 Meals per day (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Manu National Park guide book – Talking About Manu
- Manu National Park entrance fee
- Entrance fee to the hot springs
- Vegetarian option…send us you requirements please.
- Entrance to Soga de Oro
- First Aid Kit (bring your personal Medication)
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING ON THIS MANU JUNGLE HOLIDAY:
- Rainforest expeditions are not comfortable tours, but with the following equipment you will get the best out of the forest and yourself:
- Binoculars (imperative)
- Flashlight with spare bulbs and extra batteries
- Sleeping bag (it can be hired from us US$5 a day)
- Day pack
- Long pants and long-sleeved shirts
- T-shirts light shirts
- Shorts/Bathing suit
- Sweater or light jacket
- 1 pair of hiking boots and 1 pair of light shoes or trekking sandals
- Long socks
- Rain gear
- Rubber boots (only in the rainy season-we provide them)
- Sunhat, sunglasses, sun block
- Insect repellent (with at least 40% DEET) and after bite
- Plastic bags (to keep everything dry)
- Water bottle (with water for the bus ride into Manu)
- Copy of a valid passport
- Copy of yellow fever and tetanus vaccinations
- Money for soft drinks or beers and handicrafts
Prices & Availability
WHY Amazon Garden Lodge We have Extra Things that other companies wont provide you.
- We have Our Medical Emergency Equipped Rescue Mountain Car(This car will be available for all our passenger) and this will ready for any Emergency you need.
- Local 100% Peruvian 13 years experienced Tour operator(Based in Cusco)
- We treat our team of porters the best with a HOUSE for them to sleep and proper equipment, wages and health insurance for everyone
- Best Tour guides(Fluent English)
- Master Cheffs The best in the Cusco region
- The food provided on our treks is the best( buffet and plenty of food)
- The best Camping Equipment (spacious tents 4 season aluminum poles tents, Eating & Cooking tents, Portable table & chairs, comfortable air Thermarest mattresses and more…)
- No hidden prices or Surprises/ We Never Pass you onto another operator as most travel agencies do here. We will depart even if you are a group of 02 persons.
We never share service with other companies as most travel travel agencies do here to Minimize cost.(that’s why porters are overloaded because they are forced to carry for 2 or 3 different companies)
- Small groups & personalized services we also Cater Large groups
- Sustainable and eco-friendly tour company
- Committed to social projects and improving living conditions for the children of Peru. Lots of facilities to book any expedition in Peru.