FIRST INKA JUNGLE DAY: CUSCO – ABRA MALAGA – ALFAMAYO – HUAMANMARCA – AMAYBAMBA
We pick you up from your hotel at around 7:30 am and travel by bus for approximately 4 hours to ABRA MALAGA OR ALFAMAYO(to be chosen) where we are going to start biking for about 4 to 5 hours we are enjoying beautiful sceneries of those mountains and along we are going to see many beautiful landscapes typical of the cloud forest of that region .on the way we will have a chance to stop at huamanmarca (first archeological site) os after we keep cycling toward to first camp .our biking will last about 5 hours till reaching Amaybamba where we CAMP in our quechuas lodge.
SECOND INKA JUNGLE DAY : AMAYBAMBA – HUYRO – INKA CARCEL – COCALMAYO HOT SPRING – SANTA TERESA
after taking an early breakfast we take a local van ride for 30 minutes passing huyro to get punta carretera (place where we get off and start walking up to get the (first pass) which is 2746 m.a.s.l.and after walking an hour we will get stop in place where we enjoy a nice waterfall . after enjoying the scenery of the fascinating region we keep going an hour to get the Second archeological site of the inca jungle which is known as INKA CARCEL that means INCA PRISON where we will still see some quechuan houses that they are still covered by vegetation ,of course you are going to explore the whole site by a guided tour .so after having lunch we will have a 20 minutes to take a nup and the we are going to the get the highest point which is called PASTO GRANDE 2790 m.a.s.l ,along the way we will find many coffee,coca,tea,and tropical fruit plantationsas well as orchids typical of the cloud forest so after we go toward cocalmayo hot spring to enjoy before we get the place where we stay second night
THIRD INKA JUNGLE DAY :SANTA TERESA – LLACTAPATA – HYDROELECTRIC TRAIN STATION – AGUAS CALIENTES
We will Wake up very early and after taking breakfast We will continue an hour ride to get Lucmabamba where we start hikking up 2 hours to Llactapata where you will have a chance to see machupicchu city and huaynapicchu mountain with a different view .and then we descend 3 more hours to Hydroelectric train station to take the local train to get aguas calientes town
(optional in case you want to do zip line (2 hours) we drive 15 minutes from santa teresa to get the CAMP (cola de Mono) and takes 2 hours in total see the video above).you have to add extra US$ 60 per person.
FOURTH INKA JUNGLE DAY: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
The most important day because we visit fully Machu picchu, we will Walk up 1:30 hours to the same Sanctuary of Machu picchu we will try to get as sun is rising up to see the sunrise or take postcard pictures so after a 20 minutes of free time to take pictures we are going to start exploring the city itself. Our guide will explain you the story of machupicchu about two hours and then you will get free time to explore by yourselves to take pictures. In the afternoon you have to go down to aguas calientes town to take the train to ollantaytambo and then bus back to cusco.
INKA JUNGLE INCLUDES:
- Pre-departure inka jungle briefing at Hotel or Office *Give us details of the place you are going to stay in cusco please.
- Professional Quechua Spanish and English speaking inka jungle trail tour guide
- Collection from your hotel (we pick you up where you are staying from) from 6:00am)
- Private Transportation Van Cusco – Abra Malaga – Amaybamba or Santa Maria (first camping spot) NOTE The Private Van will accompany you. if somebody gets tired can take the van to santa maria *first camping spot only , then the Van will bring all bikes back to cusco.
- Tourist train (EXPEDITION) back from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo (2 hours aprox.) and then bus back to Cusco(1 and half hours aprox. )
- Entrance fee to Machu picchu
- Local Transportation santa teresa to Lucmabamba 1 hour (3rd day)
- Food: *3 breakfasts,3 lunches, 3 afternoon snacks (hot drinks, biscuits and popcorn) and 3 dinners
- Mountain full suspension MOSSO or KONNA Bike ,Helmet and gloves (click here to see details of Amazon Garden Lodge Biking Equipment)
- 3 nights accommodation in a hostel santa maria, santa teresa & aguas calientes (click here to see the hostal in aguas calientes town)
- Health Insurance for our porters, cooks,guides, field crew and Amazon Garden Lodge staff
- Wake up coca tea each morning in your tent for a gentle start
- Amazon Garden Lodge Free duffel bag for your personal stuff
- Oxygen balloon for any emergency
- Others: hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes / boiled water to fill in your water bottle every morning and night, and at lunch time if requested with enough time ahead
- Transfer train or bus station-hotel in Cusco
- First Aid kit and Free Luggage storage. When you go on the trek it is best to leave any luggage that you are not going to need behind in Cusco. Nearly all the hotels in Cusco provide a secure luggage deposit. Put any valuables in their safe. Very rarely do hotels charge for this service especially if you are returning to the same hotel after the trek. If there are any problems with your hotel we can arrange to store your luggage at our Amazon Garden Lodge office.
- *Vegetarian/special diet options free available
Amazon Garden Lodge Additional Things Include
Amazon Garden Lodge Bottle for free. Get one for free at the office.
Please help us to reduce or eliminate the generation of plastic waste by refilling this bottle in any of the water stations located throughout on the treks. This is part of our efforts towards a cleaner and healthier environment. Sponsored by Amazon Garden Lodge (The Best Local Tour Operator)
Get one of this Bottle for Fee at our Office!!!
Amazon Garden Lodge Water Bottles (Get one for Free)
NOTE: Train included in all tours is the Cerrojo-backpacker (Aguas calientes to Ollantaytambo) Train times will only be confirmed once full amount of tour is paid. The earliest train you could take is the 14:00 and being the 9:00 pm the last train. Amazon Garden Lodge will organize the transport back to Cusco (by taxi or by bus).
Please Note: train times are subject to change depending on Peru rail click here to see timestable and availability.If organized in advance, the train can be upgraded to Vistadome (larger windows than the backpaker cerrojo train to ollantaytambo ) for an increased price.of US$ 40 let us know please.
INCA JUNGLE DOESN’T INCLUDE:
- Breakfast on the first morning (ask at your hotel)
- Entrance to the hot springs water Santa Teresa / Colcalmayo 15 soles or Aguas Calientes 10 soles(click here to see hot springs)
- Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu (optional/ instead of walking) ( one way US$7 and you can Buy it at the Aguas Calientes bus station) aguas calientes to Machupicchu.
- Last Lunch in aguas calientes town
- Bus down tickets from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes town US$ 7 one way
- Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please):Amazon Garden Lodge highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING ON INKA JUNGLE:
- Original passport and copies (and Student card (ISIC) green card if you are student ). Note ( you have to bring your student card to machu picchu because you are going to be required to show at the Machupicchu control point
- Travel Insurance card is essential
- Sleeping bag (not included)
- hiking water proof boots (with ankle protectors )
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Sun hat and gloves
- T-shirts / shirts
- Comfortable hiking zip off trousers
- Rain pants
- Bathing suit (for hot springs in Santa Teresa and Aguas Calientes)
- Sun protection cream ( factor 25 recommended )
- Insect Repellent ( for mosquitos )15 % of deet at least
- Water bottle.
- Water purifying tablets (Micropur recommended)
- Toilet paper and wet wipes
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Torch with spare batteries (flashlight) we recommend headlights
- Extra contribution suggested in soles money for tipping porters, cook and guide. and for any emergency.
OPTIONAL ITEMS TO BRING ON INKA JUNGLE:
- Short pants , Plaster and bandages
- Walking poles (with rubber tips) they can also be hired from us
NOTE: walking poles are not allowed into machu picchu city.
Prices & Availability
We need at least 02 of you and Leave any day you suit. All Departures 100% Guaranteed If You’re Booked, You are Going !!! To Confirm and Secure the Permits. Send us the filled out booking form as well as a deposit of US$100 and you are ready to go.
Please, Prices are Based On Group size you want us to place you./Please, note: We will Never pass you onto another operator or share service with other companies as most agencies do here.
INCA JUNGLE TRAIL TO MACHUPICCHU 4/Days
Small Group Service:(Group Size: 02 Minimum – 06ppl Average – 08ppl Maximum)
Price per person Adult US$560 & Students US$540 / 7 Kilos Portering Service included /Duffel Bag provided by QE
Please,Note: If you are 02 we can open a New group and Leave any day you suit.
INCA JUNGLE TRAIL TO MACHUPICCHU 4/Days
Large Group Service:(Group Size: 04 Minimum – 12ppl Average – 16ppl Maximum)
Price per person Adult US$440 & Students US$420 / 7 Kilos Portering Service included /Duffel Bag provided by QE
Please,Note: If you are 04 we can open a New group and Leave any day you suit.
INCA JUNGLE TRAIL PRIVATE SERVICE: (GROUP SIZE UPON REQUEST) 4/Days 2016 – 2017 and Includes: Special trek program just for you, and you can depart any day you wish and choose the group size, we don´t add any people, is arranged just for you. All private groups include additional services, such as:
02 persons group / US$1100 per person
03 persons group / US$1050 per person
04 persons group / US$1000 per person
05 persons group / US$950 per person
06-8 persons group / US$900 per person
- Extra Horse to Ride(1-2 day only)
- Hotel 3 stars (At Aguas Calientes Town)
- North face 4 season tents
- Entrance to climb Huaynapicchu Mountain or Machupicchu Mountain
- Vistadome Train(First Class train back From Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo)
- Private Van back to cusco from ollantaytambo
- Train Ticket( From Hydroelectric Plant to Aguas Calientes 40 Minutes ride)
- Bus Round Trip ( Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes)
- Bus Down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes
- Lunch in Machupicchu or Aguas Calientes
- Sleeping bag / Silk Liner included.
- 02 walking poles per person / Rubber tips included.
- 01 Duffel Bags to carry all your sleeping bag, Self-inflating pad as well as your Clothes.
- Tour Guide to explore Machupicchu and Huaynapicchu all day. and of course we pay a little bit more to our staff and guide
WHY Amazon Garden Lodge We have Extra Things that other companies wont provide you.
- We have Our Medical Emergency Equipped Rescue Mountain Car(This car will be available for all our passenger) and this will ready for any Emergency you need.
- Local 100% Peruvian 13 years experienced Tour operator(Based in Cusco)
- We treat our team of porters the best with a HOUSE for them to sleep and proper equipment, wages and health insurance for everyone
- Best Tour guides(Fluent English)
- Master Cheffs The best in the Cusco region
- The food provided on our treks is the best( buffet and plenty of food)
- The best Camping Equipment (spacious tents 4 season aluminum poles tents, Eating & Cooking tents, Portable table & chairs, comfortable air Thermarest mattresses and more…)
- No hidden prices or Surprises/ We Never Pass you onto another operator as most travel agencies do here. We will depart even if you are a group of 02 persons.
We never share service with other companies as most travel travel agencies do here to Minimize cost.(that’s why porters are overloaded because they are forced to carry for 2 or 3 different companies)
- Small groups & personalized services we also Cater Large groups
- Sustainable and eco-friendly tour company
- Committed to social projects and improving living conditions for the children of Peru. Lots of facilities to book any expedition in Peru.