Day 01: Arrive Lima City Tour (Overnight Hotel Lima).
Day 02: Arrive Cusco & Cusco City Tour (Overnight Hotel Cusco).
Day 03: Sacred Valley of the Incas (Pisaq, Ollantaytambo & Chincheros(Overnight Hotel Cusco).
Days 04 – 05: Start the Expeditions on Horseback (Horseback Riding) – (Camping)
Day 06: Horse back Maras Moray and Transfer to Ollantaytambo Station(Overnight Hotel Aguas Calientes).
Day 07: Explore Machupicchu Full Day (Overnight Hotel Cusco).
Day 08: Travel to Cusco to Puno visiting Andahuaylillas, Inca temple of raqchi, pucara our way (Overnight Hotel Puno).
Day 09: Visit the beautiful island of Uros and Amantani on Lake Titicaca (Overnight Amantani home stay).
Day 10: Island Visits – Taquile & Uros (Overnight Hotel Puno).
Day 11: Transfer Hotel to Airport or Terminal (End of the Service)
Arrive in Lima and transfer to your hotel. If arriving during the day, your hotel will be in the neighborhood of Miraflores, with good shopping and restaurants, and you’ll have an included city tour in the afternoon. If arriving late at night, you’ll be close to the airport for a bit more sleep before your next day’s flight, and you’ll have a tour of Lima upon your return.
Morning flight over the Andes to Cuzco. After checking into your hotel, we’ll head to the Plaza de Armas, the center of old Cuzco, then climb up to the ruins of Sacsayhuaman above town for great afternoon views over the city. Depending on your arrival time, there may be time for shopping or more sightseeing in the afternoon.
Sacred Valley Tour (Overnight Ollantaytambo): Travel through the Sacred Valley and visit the towns and Inca ruins of Pisaq and Ollantaytambo. Get a chance to learn a little about the local people, their way of life and their traditional weaving techniques.(HOTEL)
We depart to the Sacsaywaman Ranch. to the lake of piuray where we can visit Chincheros.
Continue the ride to Lake Huaypo, where we have a picnic lunch. From Lake Huaypo continuing the way to visit the agriculture terraces of Moray.
Afther descend to the village Maras and Salineras-Pichingoto Riding time for day: approx. 5-6 hours and in the afternoon we take a Bus to Ollantaytambo where we take the train to Aguas Calientes where we do overnight.
Day 7: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU!!!
We wake up early morning about 4 am to then to 4:30 to have the breakfast and leave to walk up to Machupicchu which takes one and half hours up to machupicchu but there is another option to catch the first bus which leaves 5:30 to Machupicchu (25-minutes long) in order to appreciate the magnificent city as the sun is rising.
A walking tour (approximately 2 hours) is given by your Guide and after this you can explore the mysterious city by yourselves. If you still have energy you can also climb Huaynapicchu (2720m/8890ft)!!! It takes 45 minutes to reach the top.and after enjoying machupicchu you have to go down to aguas calientes to take the train back to ollantaytambo and then bus back cusco.
Bus ride from Cusco to Puno (With stops) leaving cusco at 7:00 am arriving to puno at 5:00 pm) and exploring places which are shown below.
ANDAHUAYLILLAS: It is named the “Sixtine Chapel of America” and in some sense the comparison examples of the Andean popular religious art. The church of Andahuayliaas is a jewerly of the mestizo baroque architecture that developed in Cusco. Its nave presents profuse decoration, especially in the celling decorated with carved panels which is a recover with pan de oro (type of gold decoration).
RAQCHI (Temple of Wiracocha God): To 121 Km of Cusco, it was an Inca church of monumental dimensions: 100 meters of length by 26 meters of wide and 14 meters of height; the temple is divided in two naves and each nave shows basics of 11 giant columns. The bases of the church are bulit perfectly carving stones continued with adobe. It is aprpreciated besides qolqas or granary places of military order, religious, Inka between others.
LA RAYA: Media point in the rout of Cusco – Puno. It is the highest part, it has 4335 meters above sea level, we can appreciate beautiful landscapes, llamas and vivuÃ±as, geographic union between two cultures quechua and aymara, we can see the Altiplano arid and dry union with the quechua zone with rivers and valleys.
PUKARA: It is the most important and oldest ceremonial center of the Altiplano, preceding to tiahunaco, characterized by a series oh echelon platforms ceremonial center. It’s also possible to appreciate interesting litosculptures, trails or tomb stone of intriguing personage that seems to show evidence of a brave civilization. here is where it was discovered the origins of the Andean culture in the Altiplano.
Day 9: UROS- AMANTANI (OVERNIGHT AT AMANTANI ISLANDS)
After breakfast, we will take a two-hour motor boat excursion on the waters of Lake Titicaca, which straddles the border of Peru and Bolivia, to the unique floating “islands” of the Uros. These ancient inhabitants of the lake, known as the Water Tribe, have built their own “islands” by periodically adding new layers of a type of reed unique to the area called “totora”. Their homes and boats are also made of this material. There are over forty of these islands, which have strategic defenses such as watch towers just in case!
Then it is on to Amantani Island, which is inhabited by over 3,000 Quechua-speaking natives, still governed by their ancient traditions, whose main occupations are the production of ceramics and textiles. You can explore the Inca and Tiahuanco archaeological remains on the island. The positive energy here is so powerful, you have an almost panoramic view of the lake and you will not want to miss the sunset and sunrise either.
Lunch is a simple affair provided by us before staying overnight at the house of a local islander, to enjoy the hospitality of a typical Amantani home.
Day 10: TAQUILE-PUNO
After a good breakfast, you will visit Taquile island, a narrow, long and quite hilly island, of approximately 15 square kilometers, which was once used as a prison when it belonged to the Spanish. You will meet its inhabitants and admire their colorful textile fabrics, which has been their staple trade since time immemorial. Here you can also enjoy a highly scenic trek, followed by lunch in a local restaurant. Then you will back to puno port at 5:00pm.(Hotel in Puno)
Early morning flight From Juliaca to Lima. International flights may depart any time after 12pm LAN
Add on the Nazca Lines, the Amazon Rainforest, Colca Canyon, and other extension tours or treks. Let us know.
Amazon Garden Lodge INCLUDES:
- Domestic Airfares
- Lima – Cusco Airfare
- Juliaca – Lima Airfare
Horseback Riding + Machupicchu 4/D 3/N
(Group size 02 to 06 ppl average; Max 08 person)
- English Guide
- Horse to ride, horseman
- Cook in charge of all meal, Horses: To carry camping equipment, portable table and chairs, food, and kitchen/cooking equipment as well as 7 Kilos of your personal stuff
- Entrance to Machupicchu
- Hotel In Aguas Calientes
- Camping Equipment 4 season tent(04ppl tent for 02ppl) & Self-inflating Therm-a-rest mattresses
- Private Bus to Huaypo where we start the expeditions
- Train Expeditions Round Trip Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Bus back to Cusco from Ollantaytambo.
- Meals: Breakfast (03), Lunch (03), Dinner (03), Morning Snack (03), Afternoon Snack (03)
- Transfer:Hotel Nights ( breakfast included ) (Lodging)
- 06 nights of hotel accommodation,
- 01 night of Homestay in Amantani(Puno)
- 03 nights of camping on the Inca TrailHotel Nights ( breakfast included ) (Lodging)
- LIMA: 01 night of hotel accommodation
- CUSCO: 03 nights of hotel accommodation
- AGUAS CALIENTES: 01 night of hotel accommodation
- PUNO: 02 night of hotel accommodation
- HOMESTAY: 01 night of Homestay in Amantani(Puno)
- HORSEBACK RIDING EXPEDITIONS: 02 nights CampingLima Tour: City Tour
- Includes Tourist bus, English Guide & Entrance fees
Cusco Tours: / City Tour & Sacred Valley
- City Tour: Includes Tourist bus & English Guide (Tourist Attractions to see: Qoricancha, Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Pucapucara, Tambomachay)
- Sacred Valley of the Incas (Awanacancha, Pisaq, Ollantaytambo & Chincheros)
- Private Cuzco Airport Transfers
- Private Lima Airport Transfers
- All Transfers Hotel Terminal/Airport Transfers
- Tour Bus from Cusco – Puno(Includes: Tourist Bus, Guide, Buffet Lunch, Entrance fees to the tourist places)
- 02 Day Lake Titicaca Islands Tour(Includes: Motorized boat, Guide, Meals: Breakfast (01), Lunch (02), Dinner (01), Entrance fee to the islands: Uros, Amantani & Taquile
- Amazon Garden Lodge T-Shirt
Amazon Garden Lodge DOESNT INCLUDE:
- International Airfares.(Please Give us Details of you Flight Tickets to pick you up from the airport) Flight Number & Company Name.)
- All airport departure tax – Lima International Departure tax is approximately US$35 and Lima Domestic Departure tax is approximately US$8
- Additional nights during the trip due to flight cancellations
- Meal Budget : Allow approx. US$10 US$15 for every meal not included.
- Sleeping bags US$5 per day & hiking poles US$ 4 per day (02 poles/black diamond or Leki) can be easily rented from us. Let us know.
- The Cuzco Visitor’s Ticket (known as Boleto Turistico – Tourist Pass 130 soles) – which includes entrance to the ruins in and around Cuzco and the Sacred Valley, and many churches and museums in Cuzco.
- Tips for the guides, porters and other staff.
- Lunch and dinner whilst staying at hotels.
- Alcoholic drinks, tickets for the hot springs at Aguas Calientes
- Travel Insurance and things of a personal nature – laundry and telephone calls, personal taxis, souvenirs etc.
- We will gladly arrange additional accommodation for you before or after your trip: In Lima/Cuzco/Machu Picchu.
- Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please):Amazon Garden Lodge highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance. Amazon Garden Lodge will assist in obtaining all necessary documents for you to be refunded by your insurance company.
Any unexpected situations occurred during the journey and which are beyond our control, including changes in scheduling trains or flights, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, etc.. shall be covered by the passenger as a whole. Also, if you for physical reasons of health cannot continue the trek or walk, and will need emergency evacuation then all charges incurred such as transportation, hotel, ambulance, doctors, medication, hospitalization, etc.. will be at passenger’s expense.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
Please Note: Walking and journey times are approximate and the package includes Classic Inca Trail see availability first.
Most people automatically assume that the weather is hot in South America, but because of the higher altitude in the Andes, the temperature can feel quite cold, especially at night. We recommend the use of a duffel bag or backpack, whichever is easiest for you to carry. A good size daypack is also essential.
List of things you must bring:
- Original Passport (and some copies)
- Travel insurance (and some copies)
- Airline tickets (and some copies)
- US$ cash and travellers cheques
- Credit or debit card (see personal spending money)
- Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required
- Camera and films
- Rechargeable batteries and adapters
- Reading/writing material
- Cover for backpacks
- Fleece top
- Windproof/waterproof jacket
- Small towel and swim wear
- Sun hat
- 2 pairs of shorts
- 2 pairs of long trousers *zipp off
- 1 pair hiking pants/track pants
- Hiking boots/ sturdy walking shoes
- Knee-length socks (to be used with rubber boots, if provided at the jungle lodge)
- Sport hiking sandals
- Sun block
- Toiletries (biodegradable)
- Watch or alarm clock
- Water bottle
- Purifying tablets or filter (Micropur recommeded)
- Flashlight (head light recommended)
- Money belt
- Sleeping silk liner (for sleeping bags)
- Wool hat, mitts or gloves (preferably waterproof)
- Rain poncho, plastic bags for your personal stuff to keep dry
- Sleeping bag (it can be hired form us )
- Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen)
- Thermal underwear
- Personal first-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Aspirin, Band Aids, anti-histamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhoea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may be taking)