HORSEBACK RIDING IN CUSCO – MARAS AND MORAY
Come and share the real horseback riding experience in the Sacred Valley of the Incas on the horse! Enjoy beautiful landscapes riding along ancient Incan sheepherding routes and trade trails in Cusco.
Experience a horseback riding adventure in Peru, discovering its culture and its nature, riding through thousands of hectares of open space without fences where limits are lost in the horizon. It will be a fun and enjoyable experience. Whether you travel alone or in a group of friends or family, our main concern is your comfort and safety.
We long to share our passion for horses with you! Cusco for you offers horseback riding trips for riders of all levels.come and enjoy we will make the trip memorable for you.
Day 1: Cusco / Maras Town / Salt flats of Maras / Moray Agricultural Terraces
We Pick you up at 9:00 am from your hotel in Cusco. Transfer to ranch, located in the sacred valley (Maras). At ranch we will meet our horses and complete explanation about the premises and an introduction of our national horse, riding courses and equitation lead by an experience instructor. After lunch we depart toward the picturesque village of Maras. Then to the salt platforms of Salineras (Inca times), still being used by the locals to extract salt from the mountain spring water. Where the salty water is channeled through an impressive irrigation system and left to evaporate in the sun.Continue 2 hours climbing riding the horses (1000m) to reach the high Andean. Over at 3750m the stunning scenery and the snow-capped mountains of Chicon, Veronica and Salkantay is impressive. Cooling of the products was achieved by using a genius system of underground air-circulation. Ride to Lake Huaypo, there will have box lunch with spectacular scenery of snow-capped mountains, wildflowers and beautiful mountain lakes. Ride to Moray terraces, this area was served as an experimental agricultural station for the development of different crop strains, using the climates of different ecological zones. There are no great ruins in Moray to impress visitors. Moray is more for the contemplative traveler with an affinity for such phenomena as the Nasca Lines. From Moray we come back down to the Valley floor, after riding we come back to the ranch. At 4 pm transfer back to Cusco.
- Shared Group transfer from Cusco to ranch, located in Maras (round trip)
- Time of Riding 5 to 6 hours (Aprox)
- Experienced english tour guide
- Horses to Ride, well cared
- Snack (water – chocolates – fruits)
- Meals (1 lunches), vegetarian food is available under request
- Plenty drinking water on riding time only
- First aid kit and oxygen bottle for any participant
- Tourist pass known as Boleto Turistico(Entrance to Salt flats of Maras and Moray incan site)
Prices & Availability
SHARED GROUP SERVICE: Price is person / US$140
WHY Amazon Garden Lodge We have Extra Things that other companies wont provide you.
- We have Our Medical Emergency Equipped Rescue Mountain Car(This car will be available for all our passenger) and this will ready for any Emergency you need.
- Local 100% Peruvian 13 years experienced Tour operator(Based in Cusco)
- We treat our team of porters the best with a HOUSE for them to sleep and proper equipment, wages and health insurance for everyone
- Best Tour guides(Fluent English)
- Master Cheffs The best in the Cusco region
- The food provided on our treks is the best( buffet and plenty of food)
- The best Camping Equipment (spacious tents 4 season aluminum poles tents, Eating & Cooking tents, Portable table & chairs, comfortable air Thermarest mattresses and more…)
- No hidden prices or Surprises/ We Never Pass you onto another operator as most travel agencies do here. We will depart even if you are a group of 02 persons.
We never share service with other companies as most travel travel agencies do here to Minimize cost.(that’s why porters are overloaded because they are forced to carry for 2 or 3 different companies)
- Small groups & personalized services we also Cater Large groups
- Sustainable and eco-friendly tour company
- Committed to social projects and improving living conditions for the children of Peru. Lots of facilities to book any expedition in Peru.