Hike from the incredible circular ruins of Moray connect to Machu Picchu, on this short hike you will see the very best of Inca ruins, and you’ll have a chance hike thought the incredible circular ruins of Moray, explore the beautiful Urubamba valley and have plenty of time to fully appreciate the amazing Machu Picchu.
Highlights: Maras Town, Archaeological Site of Moray, Maras salt terraces, amazing mountain scenery, quieter trails, local people, Sacred Valley/Urubamba, Machu Picchu
Day 1 – Moray & Maras Terraces of Salt Hike
We’ll pick you up from the Hotel at 8:00am and transfer direction to the Sacred Valley; we start across the fertile plain of Chinchero rich with grain, potatoes & beans. Start walking in the little town of Maras, which has nice colonial doors in its main street; we arrive at the circular Inca ruins of Moray where we enjoy a picnic lunch. In nearby Moray you find “the Inca laboratory”
The circles were used for the development of different strains of crops. Between the highest and lowest terraces there is a difference of up to 15 degrees. Although the difference between neighboring terraces is very small, it is great enough to create distinct microclimates that change growing conditions and allow the propagation of a huge variety of plants each with slightly different growth requirements. Time is permitted to fully explore these fascinating ruins.
After this very atmospheric place Mule trails then takes us to the ancient town of Maras with its out-standing Spanish door arches and vast church. Maras is famous for its spies – due to its strategic location above the Sacred Valley.
We then drop down into the Sacred Valley of the Incas to the salt pans of Salineras. Here more than 5000 terraces are still in production and many families of Maras bring their salt to the market of Urubamba on mules.
- English Speaking Guide/Pre-departure briefing
- Shared Group Transport from Cusco to Maras where we start hiking and transportation back to Cusco or dropp at Ollantaytambo station.
- Professional guide who speaks English, Spanish and Quechua
- 01 Box Lunch
- First Aid Kit
- Entrance fees to Maras and Moray
WHAT TO BRING ON THE TREK:
- 1 small nylon reinforced backpack to carry the things you need for the trek (camera, drinks, etc.)
- Small flashlight and extra batteries
- 1 water bottle (1 liter) or a small plastic throw away bottle
- Hiking boots
- 1 jacket (of nylon with hood and water and wind resistant)
- 1 Fleece Jacket
- short sleeved shirt (preferably “dryfit” that don’t retain water)
- a pair of shorts such as bermudas.
- socks of wool or of fiber (coolmax) for the trek (avoid cotton as these can retain water)
- sun hat and sunglasses
- Personal medications
- Sunscreen for your skin and lips
- Insect repellent
- Moisturizer lotion to avoid the drying out of the skin
- Energy foods according to your needs: chocolates, granola bars, dried fruits, etc. (they can be purchased in Cusco)
- Water bottle
Prices & Availability
SHARED GROUP SERVICE: Price is person / US$80
WHY Amazon Garden Lodge We have Extra Things that other companies wont provide you.
- We have Our Medical Emergency Equipped Rescue Mountain Car(This car will be available for all our passenger) and this will ready for any Emergency you need.
- Local 100% Peruvian 13 years experienced Tour operator(Based in Cusco)
- We treat our team of porters the best with a HOUSE for them to sleep and proper equipment, wages and health insurance for everyone
- Best Tour guides(Fluent English)
- Master Cheffs The best in the Cusco region
- The food provided on our treks is the best( buffet and plenty of food)
- The best Camping Equipment (spacious tents 4 season aluminum poles tents, Eating & Cooking tents, Portable table & chairs, comfortable air Thermarest mattresses and more…)
- No hidden prices or Surprises/ We Never Pass you onto another operator as most travel agencies do here. We will depart even if you are a group of 02 persons.
We never share service with other companies as most travel travel agencies do here to Minimize cost.(that’s why porters are overloaded because they are forced to carry for 2 or 3 different companies)
- Small groups & personalized services we also Cater Large groups
- Sustainable and eco-friendly tour company
- Committed to social projects and improving living conditions for the children of Peru. Lots of facilities to book any expedition in Peru.