Day 01: Arrive Cusco & Cusco City Tour (Overnight Hotel Cusco).
Day 02: Sacred Valley of the Incas (Pisaq, Ollantaytambo & Chincheros(Overnight Hotel Aguas Calientes).
Day 03: Explore Machu Picchu all day (Overnight Hotel Cusco).
Day 04: Festival of Inti Raymi (Overnight Hotel Cusco).
Day 05: Transfer Hotel to Airport or Terminal (End of the Service)
DAY 1: (June 21st) CUSCO CITY TOUR
Upon arrival to Cusco Airport. Reception and transportation to the Hotel where you will receive an aromatic coca tea to stimulating for the height, will have the free morning to rest and also we suggest you have a light lunch in either your hotel or in one of the surrounded; in the afternoon we will depart on a City tour (entrance to the archaeological centers and museums including) we will visit the Main square, Cathedral, the Koricancha (temple of the sun) and in addition we will make a route bordering archaeological centers like Sacsayhuaman Fortress, Q’enko, Puka Pukara and Tambomachay, tour finishes 6:30pm approximately at the main square in order you can take dinner in one of the exquisite restaurants in the area, then overnight. (No meals included)
DAY 2: (June 22nd) FULL DAY SACRED VALLEY TOUR (overnight in Aguas Calientes)
Breakfast. You will be picked up at 8:15 am. Full day excursion to the Urubamba Valley visiting: the colorful Indian market in Pisac where a mixture of color and tradition will be able appreciated besides will have a good opportunity to try our bargain skills on the free time to interact with the local craftsmen to purchase their hand-made souvenirs. The Valley has a distance of 31 km (19 miles) of Cusco, and an altitude of 2,970 ms (9,700 p), Pisac is located to the entrance of the Sacred Valley and followed by Ollantaytambo, the older town continuously occupied of the American continent. The narrow streets of Ollantaytambo, along with their channels that have not varied from the time Inca, evoke their ancestral inheritance, lunch in a typical restaurant and after we explore Ollantaytambo we take the train at Ollantaytambo train station 2 hours to get Aguas Calientes where we do overnight (B, L)
DAY 3: (June 23rd) FULL DAY MACHUPICCHU TOUR
Early breakfast and the we take the first bus at 5:30am to be at Machupicchu at 6:00am and we get our entrance fee to climb huaynapicchu mountain (Only 25 minutes ride by bus) where you will get a guided tour (2 hours) then free time to explore and climb huaynapicchu mountain and after you have enjoyed the lost city of Machupicchu, we will go down to the Aguas Calientes town to return to Ollantaytambo and then we will take a bus back to cusco.and then transfer to your accommodation (B,L).
Day 4: (June 24th) Inti Raymi Festival or festival of the Sun
This day you’ve visited the great Incan architectural achievements it will be apparent to you that the Sun was the main deity worshiped in the Inca culture. In today’s Inti Raymi all of the significant Sun Festival rituals are re-enacted (don’t worry, the llama sacrifices are simulated!). This special day also includes The New Fire Celebration. No fires were allowed in the city this day until the fire created by hollow mirror was used to concentrate the sunlight onto animal fur and kindling. Only then were all other fires started from this source.
You will also see the Inca representative carried on a litter and toasted with chicha (a fermented drink). With an the appropriate finale the Inca gives a speech in the native language quechua.
after having enjoyed Inti raymi we take our bus down to cusco and then to the hotel.
DAY 4: (June 25th) Transfer to Cusco Aiport or Terminal
Breakfast and according time, transportation will be provided to go the airport (B). END OF THE SERVICE and if you want an extension to other destinations let us know to customise you trip. Add on the Nazca Lines, the Amazon Rainforest, Colca Canyon, and other extension tours or treks. Let us know.
Amazon Garden Lodge INCLUDES:
- Entrance to Machupicchu
- Tourist Backpacker Train(Round Trrip) From Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Bus Up & Down(From Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes)
- English Speaking Guide in Machupichu (02 & half hours Guided tour)
- Tourist Return Bus From Ollantaytambo – Cusco Hotel.
Hotel Nights ( breakfast included ) (Lodging)
- AGUAS CALIENTES : 01 night hostel Accomodation
- CUSCO: 04 nights of hotel accommodation
Cusco Tours: / City Tour & Sacred Valley
- City Tour: Includes Tourist bus & English Guide (Tourist Attractions to see: Qoricancha, Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Pucapucara, Tambomachay)
- Sacred Valley of the Incas (Awanacancha, Pisaq, Ollantaytambo & Chincheros)Inti Raymi:
- Entrance to the Inti Raymi
- Tourist Transportation From cusco to Sacsayhuaman where the Inti Raymi takes place
- Guide for Inti Raymi
- Box Lunch
- Private Cuzco Airport Transfers
- All Transfers Hotel Terminal/Airport Transfers
Amazon Garden Lodge DOESNT INCLUDE:
- Domestic Flight Tickets from Lima – Cusco -Lima
- International Airfares.(Please Give us Details of you Flight Tickets to pick you up from the airport) Flight Number & Company Name.)
- All airport departure tax – Lima International Departure tax is approximately US$35 and Lima Domestic Departure tax is approximately US$8
- Additional nights during the trip due to flight cancellations
- The Cuzco Visitor’s Ticket (known as Boleto Turistico – Tourist Pass 130 soles) – which includes entrance to the ruins in and around Cuzco and the Sacred Valley, and many churches and museums in Cuzco.
- Meal Budget : Allow approx. US$10 US$15 for every meal not included.
- Sleeping bags US$5 per day & hiking poles US$ 4 per day (02 poles/black diamond or Leki) can be easily rented from us. Let us know.
- Tips for the guides, porters and other staff.
- Lunch and dinner whilst staying at hotels. City tours of Lima and Cusco.
- Alcoholic drinks, tickets for the hot springs at Aguas Calientes
- Travel Insurance and things of a personal nature – laundry and telephone calls, personal taxis, souvenirs etc.
- We will gladly arrange additional accommodation for you before or after your trip: In Lima/Cuzco/Machu Picchu.
- Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please):Amazon Garden Lodge highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance. Amazon Garden Lodge will assist in obtaining all necessary documents for you to be refunded by your insurance company.
Any unexpected situations occurred during the journey and which are beyond our control, including changes in scheduling trains or flights, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, etc.. shall be covered by the passenger as a whole. Also, if you for physical reasons of health cannot continue the trek or walk, and will need emergency evacuation then all charges incurred such as transportation, hotel, ambulance, doctors, medication, hospitalization, etc.. will be at passenger’s expense.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
Please Note: Walking and journey times are approximate and the package includes Classic Inca Trail see availability first.
Most people automatically assume that the weather is hot in South America, but because of the higher altitude in the Andes, the temperature can feel quite cold, especially at night. We recommend the use of a duffel bag or backpack, whichever is easiest for you to carry. A good size daypack is also essential.
List of things you must bring:
- Original Passport (and some copies)
- Travel insurance (and some copies)
- Airline tickets (and some copies)
- US$ cash and travellers cheques
- Credit or debit card (see personal spending money)
- Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required
- Camera and films
- Rechargeable batteries and adapters
- Reading/writing material
- Cover for backpacks
- Fleece top
- Windproof/waterproof jacket
- Small towel and swim wear
- Sun hat
- 2 pairs of shorts
- 2 pairs of long trousers *zipp off
- 1 pair hiking pants/track pants
- Hiking boots/ sturdy walking shoes
- Knee-length socks (to be used with rubber boots, if provided at the jungle lodge)
- Sport hiking sandals
- Sun block
- Toiletries (biodegradable)
- Watch or alarm clock
- Water bottle
- Purifying tablets or filter (Micropur recommeded)
- Flashlight (head light recommended)
- Money belt
- Sleeping silk liner (for sleeping bags)
- Wool hat, mitts or gloves (preferably waterproof)
- Rain poncho, plastic bags for your personal stuff to keep dry
- Sleeping bag (it can be hired form us )
- Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen)
- Thermal underwear
- Personal first-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Aspirin, Band Aids, anti-histamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhoea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may be taking)