Day 01: Arrive Lima City Tour (Overnight Hotel Lima).
Day 02: Bus ride to Nazca and flight over the Nazca Lines.(Bus Night ride to Arequipa)
Day 03: Arequipa City Tour (Overnight Hotel Arequipa)
Day 04: Colca Canyon Tour (Overnight in Colca Canyon Chivay)
Day 05: Chivay Cross of the Condor and back to Arequipa puno(Bus night ride to Puno)
Day 06: Pick up from the terminal tour to the islands of Uros and Amantani(Overnight in Amantani island Homestay)
Day 07: Amantani and taquile back to Puno(Overnight Hotel Puno)
Day 08: Bus From Puno to Cusco with stop along the tourist attractions from 7:00am – 5:00pm (Overnight Hotel Cusco)
Day 09: City Tour/ in the afternoon from 2:00pm to 6:30pm(Overnight Hotel Cusco)
Day 10: Sacred Valley /Pisaq, Ollantaytambo and we take train in the afternoon to Aguas Calientes(Overnight Hotel Cusco)
Day 11: Rafting Urubamba or Biking to Maras Moray Full Day (Overnight Hotel Cusco)
and then bus back to Cusco (Overnight Hotel Cusco)
Day 12: Start Inca Trail
Day 13: Inca Trail(Camping)
Day 14: Inca Trail(Camping)
Day 15: Inca Trail To Machupicchu(Camping or Hotel In Aguas Calientes)
Day 16: Machupicchu Full Day (Overnight Hotel Cusco)
Day 17: Transfer to the Cusco Airport and flight Cusco to Lima (End of the Service)
DAY 1 : Lima City Tour:
Arrive in Lima and transfer to your hotel. If arriving during the day, your hotel will be in the neighborhood of Miraflores, with good shopping and restaurants, and you’ll have an included city tour in the afternoon.(Overnight Lima)
DAY 2 : Lima – Nazca Lines:
Early in the morning after breakfast checkout of your hotel and take the 6-hour drive south to the small airport in Nasca for your aerial tour of the Nasca lines. These are giant figures etched in the sand that can only be appreciated fully by air. See the Monkey, the spider, hummingbird and geometric birds. These mysterious huge “drawings” are possibly an astrological calendar but their construction and true intent are a mystery still. After we take the bus to Arequipa (Bus Night Ride)
DAY3 : Arequipa Arrival & City Tour
You will be picked up at the bus terminal and taken to your comfortable hotel to relax and acclimatize to the altitude. In the afternoon you will be taken on an Arequipa city tour to view what is considered by many to be the most attractive city in Peru, where many of the colonial buildings are made of white ashler stone.(Overnight Hotel Arequipa)
DAY 4: Bus ride to the Colca Canyon – Overnight at the Colca Valley
Our excursion to the Colca Canyon starts at 07:30 hrs. Our clients are collected from their hotels by our local guide/representative. Afterwards we will board a small bus and will drive northwest following a paved road towards the “Colca Canyon”. Before leaving Arequipa, we will stop at a small shop where our clients can purchase some chocolates, candies and coca leaves. Later on we will continue till Pampas Cañahuas (3500 m/11,482 Ft), a National Reserve where visitors may spot some Vicuñas & Alpacas. Unlike the Alpacas, Vicuñas are wild animals, and still can be seen running freely on these high plateaus. We will stop at this national park and our local guide will provide information about these shy Andean camels. Then we continue our journey to the Colca Canyon, little further up we will stop again at the little restaurant of Viscachani, where you can enjoy a stunning scenery of the Andes and also drink a typical coca tea. Afterwards we will continue ascending a dirt road till we reach the highest point of our trip, “The Lookout Point of the Andes (4,800 m /15,748 Ft). At the very top, we will get off of the bus some minutes to observe the landscape, having in the background the volcanoes Ubinas, Mismi, Misti, Chachani, Sabancaya (active) and Ampato. Later on we will drive down hill to the main village of the Colca Canyon, the Village of Chivay (3600 m / 11.811 Ft). In this town we will have lunch in one typical Andean restaurant, where visitors may enjoy their meals accompanied by Andean musicians. After lunch our clients will be transferred to our lodge located in a little village at edge of the Canyon.
Late, in the afternoon, you may walk around the village and get to know better the rural life in this corner of Peru. By the afternoon we will go to swim and relax to the Hot Springs of the Colca Valley (35° C / 95º F), a nice pool outdoors surrounded by huge mountains. After sunset, we will return to the hostel
Day 5 : Early visit to the Cruz del Condor – Return to Arequipa or Puno.
In order to see the mighty Condor, you will wake up at 05:00 h, breakfast will be served at 05:30 h, and by 06:00 hrs. we will be driving towards the “Cruz del Condor”, a natural lookout point where you can see the flight of the Condors (we won’t return to the hotel, which means you must bring all your staff along with you on the bus). On the road we will have the best view of the Colca Valley, as we drive along the edge of the Canyon, seeing on route ancient terraces still in use by the local farmers, who grow mainly varieties of corn and potatoes. We will make some stops for photos, and our local guide will give us a good insight into the Colca Canyon history. Here you will stumble upon a great rock, where ancient architectures carved the terraces, testing (perhaps) which parts of the Canyon were suitable for cultivation. This is a good place also to see the “Colca River” and hanging pre-Inca tombs. After approximately 2 hours we will reach Cruz del Condor, where we will spend an hour or so, observing the beautiful flight of the Condors as well as the depth of the Canyon. Eventually, we will return to the village of Chivay, passing typical towns along the way. At around 12:00 h, we will stop at a local restaurant at the town of Chivay for lunch and afterwards will return to Arequipa. We will be back in Arequipa around 17:00 h. Upon your arrival you will be transferred to your the Bus Terminal to take the bus to Puno.
DAY 6 : puno Island Visit – Amantani (Overnight Amantanti homestay):
Today we leave the port of Puno by way of a tourist boat and cruise Lake Titicaca (the highest navigable lake in the world at 3800m). Our destination – the Island of Amananti. We lunch on the island and then we split into smaller groups and billet into family homes where we stay with the locals and experience their style of living first hand for a once in a lifetime cultural exchange. In the late afternoon we can enjoy the breathtaking sunset over Lake Titicaca from the top of the island. On a clear day we will even be able to see the distant peaks of the Cordillera Real in Bolivia.
DAY 7 : Island Visits – Taquile & Uros (Overnight Puno):
Say our farewells to our host families and return to Puno today via our first stop on Lake Titicaca is Taquile Island. The people of Taquile Island’s unique culture, style of dress and lifestyle make for a memorable visit. The island is characterized by the quality of their textiles. Here, the men of the community do all the knitting, as this is strictly a male domain, while the women do the spinning. High quality, locally knitted goods are available for purchase at various cooperatives on the island. We lunch on Taquile before resuming our boat trip to the floating islands of the Uros people. The Uros began their unusual floating existence centuries ago in an effort to isolate themselves from the Colla and Inca tribes. Arrive in Puno. (overnight) HOTEL TITICACA LAKE UROS BY Amazon Garden Lodge
DAY 8 : BUS RIDE FROM PUNO TO CUSCO (WITH STOPS)
ANDAHUAYLILLAS: It is named the “Sixtine Chapel of America” and in some sense the comparison examples of the Andean popular religious art. The church of Andahuayliaas is a jewerly of the mestizo baroque architecture that developed in Cusco. Its nave presents profuse decoration, especially in the celling decorated with carved panels which is a recover with pan de oro (type of gold decoration).
RAQCHI (Temple of Wiracocha God)
To 121 Km of Cusco, it was an Inca church of monumental dimensions: 100 meters of length by 26 meters of wide and 14 meters of height; the temple is divided in two naves and each nave shows basics of 11 giant columns. The bases of the church are bulit perfectly carving stones continued with adobe. It is aprpreciated besides qolqas or granary places of military order, religious, Inka between others.
LA RAYA: Media point in the rout of Cusco – Puno. It is the highest part, it has 4335 meters above sea level, we can appreciate beautiful landscapes, llamas and vivuÃ±as, geographic union between two cultures quechua and aymara, we can see the Altiplano arid and dry union with the quechua zone with rivers and valleys.
PUKARA: It is the most important and oldest ceremonial center of the Altiplano, proceeding to Tiahuanaco, characterized by a series oh echelon platforms ceremonial center. It’s also possible to appreciate interesting lit sculptures, trails or tomb stone of intriguing personage that seems to show evidence of a brave civilization. Here is where it was discovered the origins of the Andean culture in the Altiplano.
Reception and transfer from the fist class bus station to the hotel Overnight in Cusco at Hotel.
DAY 9 : Cusco City Tour and Surroundings
Free morning to explore the city of Cusco and in the early afternoon you will be taken on a city tour and will visit some of the many amazing archaeological sites and wonders in and around the city. You will see the Cathedral (which is located on the Plaza de Armas), Sacsayhuaman, Q’enko, Puka Pukara and Tambomachay. Remember to bring your camera on this trip as you will certainly want a reminder of the amazing awe these Inca sites can evoke.
You will return to your hotel in the early evening to relax before dinner. Before setting out to eat in one of the many restaurants in Cuzco remember to put on something warm as it can get cold pretty quickly. Spend the evening enjoying the local cuisine and hospitality of Cuzco’s very friendly people
DAY 10 : Sacred Valley – Pisaq – Ollantaytambo – Moray – Maras – Chincheros
Breakfast. You will be picked up at 8:00 am. Full day excursion to the Urubamba Valley visiting: the colorful Indian market in Pisac where a mixture of color and tradition will be able appreciated besides will have a good opportunity to try our bargain skills on the free time to interact with the local craftsmen to purchase their hand-made souvenirs. The Valley has a distance of 31 km (19 miles) of Cusco, and an altitude of 2,970 ms (9,700 p), Pisac is located to the entrance of the Sacred Valley and followed by Ollantaytambo, the older town continuously occupied of the American continent. The narrow streets of Ollantaytambo, along with their channels that have not varied from the time Inca, evoke their ancestral inheritance, lunch in a typical restaurant and after we explore Ollantaytambo we Continue to Urubamba we go to explore two amazing places which are moray and maras an after we go to chihcheros the last incan site of the sacred valley fo the incas.
DAY 11 :
1st option. MOUNTAIN BIKE MORAY AND SALT MINES IN MARAS.
This exciting biking adventure tour blends adrenaline pumping mountain biking and breathtaking views with visits to two famous sites near the famous Sacred Valley of the Incas. Moray is a series of remarkable innovative agricultural terraces that are built in three deep depressions. We reach Moray with a short hike (around 30 mins) from our drop off point half way between the Cusco and Urubamba valleys and we take a pack lunch. In the afternoon on bike, we descend to Maras an important historical source of salt. After visiting the workers as they produce the bags of salt we walk down the quebrada (ravine) and reach the Urubamba river as it winds lazily towards Machu Picchu and beyond to the Amazon. Here, our vehicle will take us back to Cusco and your hotel. This is a full day adventure tour!
2nd Options. RIVER RAFTING AT CHUQUICAHUANA URUBAMBA RIVER: One of our most popular white water rafting adventure tours is the “Cusipata” section of the river on the Upper Urubamba. There are good class IIl rapids and the water is very pure. We pick you up at your hotel, after one and a half hours drive we arrive to the put -in at the shores of the Upper Urubamba River. Our professional white water rafting guides will give you a safety talk and provide you with all the proper equipment for white water rafting. We will be floating for approximately two to two and a half hours, running numerous class II and III type rapids. Afterwards, we arrive to the take-out. Then a hot lunch will be provided as well as a sauna and hot showers. Our return to Cusco should be around 4:30-5:00pm in the afternoon.
DAY 12 : Start Inca Trail / Cusco – Km 82 – Patallacta
After we have picked you up from your hotel we will take you to Chillca, the starting point of our long walk. By the left hand side of the river Urubamba with the snow draped top of Verónica and the ruins of Sallapunku in our sight. In the afternoon, we will realize a small trip around the campsite to visit the ruins of Patallacta and the Andeans Q’ente.
DAY 13: Patallacta – llulluchapampa
A soft walk during the morning, which will take us to the community of Huayllabamba, from there the trail will ascend against Llulluchapampa (look for the beautiful Quñuales a tree specie) before we get to the first pass, where we will be camping and where our eyes will be blended with the emotional view over the landscape Huayllanay and its surroundings.
DAY 14: Llulluchapampa – Chakicocha –Phuyupatamarka
After walking approximately 2 hours we will arrive at the pass of Warmiwañusca (4.200 m.a.s.l.) From here the trail will descend into the Pacaymayo valley. From where we will ascend to the second pass presenting a incredible view over the mountain range of Vilcabamba. Descending to Chakicocha where we will be lunching. Among the trail we will visit the ruins of Runkuracay, Sayacmarca and finally where we also will encounter our campingspot Chakicocha.
DAY 15: Phuyupamarka – Wiñayhuayna – Puente Ruinas
The trail will lead us against the cloudy mountain, where we will visit the ruins of Phuyupatamarca Intipata and wiñaywayna, and then we continue 1 more hour to get the sungate where we get a chance to see machupicchu and then we walk down to Puente ruinas campsite which is down below machupicchu city.
DAY 16: Puente Ruinas Machupicchu – Cusco.
Inca Trail Important 5th Day After an early breakfast, we climb 45 minutes to the lost city of Machu picchu. being in machupicchu at 6:00am where we will take in an inspiring and panoramic view of the Machu picchu citadel. After a short hike up to Machu picchu, we will register and then enjoy a 2-hours guided tour of the sanctuary-city. After the tour of Machupicchu there will be free time to explore by yourself and then we will take the bus down or walk Part of the Inca Trail to Aguas Calientes where we will enjoy a lunch and free time to enjoy the town before returning to ollantaytambo by train and then bus back to cusco.
DAY 17: Transfer to airport and flight to Lima.
Amazon Garden Lodge INCLUDES:
- Domestic Airfares
- Cusco – Lima Airfare
Inca Trail 4/D 3/N
(Group size 02 to 06 ppl average; Max 08 person)
– Inca Trail English Guide
– Cook in charge of all meal, Porters: To carry camping equipment, portable table and chairs, food, and kitchen/cooking equipment
– Inca Trail Permit along with Entrance to Inca Trail and Machupicchu as well as porters permit.
– Camping Equipment 4 season tent(04ppl tent for 02ppl) & Self-inflating Therm-a-rest mattresses
– Private Bus to km 82, Return Tourist backpacker Train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and Bus back to Cusco.
– Meals: Breakfast (03), Lunch (03), Dinner (03), Morning Snack (03), Afternoon Snack (03)
Hotel Nights ( breakfast included ) (Lodging)
– 12 nights of hotel accommodation,
– 01 night of Homestay in Amantani(Puno)
– 03 nights of camping on the Inca Trail
Hotel Nights ( breakfast included ) (Lodging)
– LIMA: 01 night of hotel accommodation
– CUSCO: 03 nights of hotel accommodation
– PUNO: 02 night of hotel accommodation
– HOMESTAY: 01 night of Homestay in Amantani(Puno)
– INCA TRAIL: 03 nights Camping
Lima Tour: City Tour
– Includes Tourist bus, English Guide & Entrance fees
Cusco Tours: / City Tour & Sacred Valley (PRIVATE SERVICE)
– City Tour: Includes Tourist bus & English Guide (Tourist Attractions to see: Qoricancha, Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Pucapucara, Tambomachay)
– Sacred Valley of the Incas (Awanacancha, Pisaq, Ollantaytambo & Chincheros)
– Private Cuzco Airport Transfers
– Private Lima Airport Transfers
– All Transfers Hotel Terminal/Airport Transfers
– Colca Canyon (Includes: Tourist Bus, Guide, Entrance fees to the tourist places)
– 01 hotel at Chivay
– Bus tickets from Chivay from Colca Canyon to Arequipa o Puno.
– Overflight Nazca Lines
– Bus Nazca to Arequipa
– Tour Bus from Cusco – Puno(Includes: Tourist Bus, Guide, Buffet Lunch, Entrance fees to the tourist places)
– 2 Day Lake Titicaca Islands Tour(Includes: Motorized boat, Guide, Meals: Breakfast (01), Lunch (02), Dinner (01), Entrance fee to the islands: Uros, Amantani & Taquile)
– Amazon Garden Lodge T-Shirt
Amazon Garden Lodge DOESNT INCLUDE:
– International Airfares.(Please Give us Details of you Flight Tickets to pick you up from the airport) Flight Number & Company Name.)
– All airport departure tax – Lima International Departure tax is approximately US$35 and Lima Domestic Departure tax is approximately US$8
– Additional nights during the trip due to flight cancellations
– Meal Budget : Allow approx. US$10 US$15 for every meal not included.
– The Cuzco Visitor’s Ticket (known as Boleto Turistico – Tourist Pass 130 soles) – which includes entrance to the ruins in and around Cuzco and the Sacred Valley, and many churches and museums in Cuzco.
– Sleeping bags US$5 per day & hiking poles US$ 4 per day (02 poles/black diamond or Leki) can be easily rented from us. Let us know.
– Tips for the guides, porters and other staff.
– Lunch and dinner whilst staying at hotels. City tours of Lima and Cusco.
– Alcoholic drinks, tickets for the hot springs at Aguas Calientes
– Travel Insurance and things of a personal nature – laundry and telephone calls, personal taxis, souvenirs etc.
– We will gladly arrange additional accommodation for you before or after your trip: In Lima/Cuzco/Machu Picchu.
– Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please):Amazon Garden Lodge highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance. Amazon Garden Lodge will assist in obtaining all necessary documents for you to be refunded by your insurance company.
Any unexpected situations occurred during the journey and which are beyond our control, including changes in scheduling trains or flights, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, etc.. shall be covered by the passenger as a whole. Also, if you for physical reasons of health cannot continue the trek or walk, and will need emergency evacuation then all charges incurred such as transportation, hotel, ambulance, doctors, medication, hospitalization, etc.. will be at passenger’s expense.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
Please Note: Walking and journey times are approximate and the package includes Classic Inca Trail see availability first.
Most people automatically assume that the weather is hot in South America, but because of the higher altitude in the Andes, the temperature can feel quite cold, especially at night. We recommend the use of a duffel bag or backpack, whichever is easiest for you to carry. A good size daypack is also essential.
List of things you must bring:
• Original Passport (and some copies)
• Travel insurance (and some copies)
• Airline tickets (and some copies)
• US$ cash and travellers cheques
• Credit or debit card (see personal spending money)
• Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required
• Camera and films
• Rechargeable batteries and adapters
• Reading/writing material
• Cover for backpacks
• Fleece top
• Windproof/waterproof jacket
• Small towel and swim wear
• Sun hat
• 2 pairs of shorts
• 2 pairs of long trousers *zipp off
• 1 pair hiking pants/track pants
• Hiking boots/ sturdy walking shoes
• Knee-length socks (to be used with rubber boots, if provided at the jungle lodge)
• Sport hiking sandals
• Sun block
• Toiletries (biodegradable)
• Watch or alarm clock
• Water bottle
• Purifying tablets or filter (Micropur recommeded)
• Flashlight (head light recommended)
• Money belt
• Sleeping silk liner (for sleeping bags)
• Wool hat, mitts or gloves (preferably waterproof)
• Rain poncho, plastic bags for your personal stuff to keep dry
• Sleeping bag (it can be hired form us )
• Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen)
• Thermal underwear
• Personal first-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Aspirin, Band Aids, anti-histamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhoea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may be taking)