We pick you up from your hotel at about at 5.00 am and travel by bus, for about 4 hours, to the small village of Cachora where we will meet our horseman and mules. We will begin our trek along the edge of the Apurimac canyon and follow the trail, enjoying the dramatic landscapes and a variety of plant and animal life until we reach our campsite chiquiska or ‘La Playa Rosa Linda’ (1650m/5413ft).
We will get up early, have breakfast and begin our walk by crossing the Apurimac River and then descending to the lowest point on the trail. Following this, we have a steep ascent through a thick cloud forest towards the Inca site of Choquequirao. We will have lunch and then time to relax and enjoy the archeological zone, plants, animals (hopefully condors), and views of nearby canyons and snow-capped mountains (Soray – 5428m/17808ft andTuncarway 5910m/19389ft). We will camp close to the site (3033m/9950 ft).
Today, we will have breakfast followed by a 3-hour guided tour around Choquequirao itself. After this, we descend to our last campsite, ‘Santa Rosa’.
We will wake to birds’ songs and beautiful scenery. We will walk to Cachora and after lunch we take our bus to get ollantaytambo to take the train to Aguas calientes(Machupicchu) overnight at the aguas calientes town.
(Machupicchu) We wake up early morning about 4am to then to 4:30 to have the breakfast and leave walking to machupichu which takes one and half hours up to Machupicchu but there is another option to catch the first bus which leaves 5:30 to Machu Picchu (25-minutes long ) in order to appreciate the magnificent city as the sun is rising.
A walking tour (approximately 2 hours) is given by your Guide and after this you can explore the mysterious city by yourselves. If you still have energy you can also climb Huayna Picchu (2720m/8890ft)!!! It takes 45 minutes to reach the top.
* Around 6:45 pm you will take your expeditions train service back to Ollantaytambo where our where our transfer will take you in a private transport back to cusco to your hotel this is the end of our service.
- Private transportation, Cusco – Cachora.
- Professional bilingual (Spanish / English) guide.
- Mules for transportation of equipment,food and personal luggage (7 kilos per person).
- Wranglers responsible for the horses.
- A cook to prepare all meals.
- Cooking equipment, tent, dining tent, chairs, tables.
- Four season tent (a 3-person tent for every 2 individuals).
- Thermarest mat.
- Meals: 5 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 4 dinners; food suitable for trekking and rich in carbohydrates.
- Boiled water, provided at meal times to refill your water bottle.
- Entrance fee for Choquequirao.
- Private transportation, Cusco-Cachora-Cusco.
- Breakfast on the first day and lunch on the last day.
- And if you need something to hire from us, we will for you, without any deposit (because most of the rent camping.
- Shops use to ask like 50 or 60 dollars for anything you want to take.
What you need to take:
- Walking boots (with ankle protectors ).
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
- Warm jacket, hat and gloves.
- Comfortable trousers.
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended).
- Insect repellent minimum 30% deet.
- Personal medication.
- Camera and films.
- Torch with spare batteries.
Optional items to take:
- Walking poles (with rubber tip) they can also be hired from us.
- Plasters and bandages.
- Bathing suit (for hot springs) in conoc , ( optional ).
- Extra contribution suggested.
We can leave any day of the week, as long as permits are available. Please remember, permits are only needed for your start date.
Fixed Departure dates (March 2018 through January 2019):
April: 18th (2pp).
Julio : 30th (5pp).
Private Tours are based on Group Size:
Two trekkers: 600 USD$.
Three trekkers: 580 USD$.
Four trekkers: 560 USD$.
Five – Six trekkers: 540 USD$.
Seven – Ten trekkers: 530 USD$.
Pay your tour deposit through Paypal
You Can use your Credit Card or Debit card to send your deposit
Our Three Way of Sending your Deposit to Peru Through Western Union, MoneyGram ,Bank Account Transfer or Visa Mastercard Payment.
This is the main way to do your payment from abroad and avoid high bank charges or taxes, is using WESTERN UNION, a global transfer service that has a large network of offices around the world.
Money Transfer by Western Union (using your credit cards) – There are additional fees associated with this method of payment.
The method of payment depends on which country that you are sending the money. From the USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, France, Netherlands & Norway you can make the money transfer online at : Wester Union Just visit the website and follow the instructions. Visa and Master Card can be used. The charge is less if you go directly to a local Western Union agent in your town and pay in cash. For countries other than those mentioned above you will have to go to the office of your local agent to pay the deposit. The Western Union website allows you to search for the agent nearest to where you live. There are over 245,000 agents throughout the world so you should have no problem finding one that is convenient to you at the end of the Transaction Western union or Money Gram will give you a control number that you need to let us know so we can be able to collect your deposit.
Note: If you want to use this method ask for the Details of the person you are going to send your deposit to.
Phone numbers: mobile 051 984 404049 or our land line 051 084 227118
*You can send the money to my boss bank account too here is the full details So if you send your deposit through this bank account.
Name of Bank: Banco de Crédito del Perú BCP
Account Number: (US$ dollars) 285-28511999-1-64
Account Name: Maribel Sanchez Huaman
SWIFT CODE: BCPLPEPL
Emergency phone VíaBCP: 0051-1-3119898
Bank Address: 189 Av. El Sol
- Locations Visited: Choquequirao Citadel.
- Trip Style: Trekking Tours.
- Length: 5D/4N.
- Frequency: Everyday.
- Group: 2 pax min, max 10 pax.
- Difficulty: 4/5.
ASK ABOUT THE TOURS